Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Default Chimney Macros REPLACING...

Guest Richard Hill

Is there a way to replace the default (ALL) Power Station Chimney with say Airport Macro? I would have thought they would have updated them to something more realistic than those striped telephone poles as in FS2000.Richard;

No that would not be that easy. It is probably hardcoded in the FS BGL's. If they used a library for the chimneys, then you could replace that library with another one that includes a better version, but that will demand some decompiling/editing.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Richard, ArnoYou can replace the chimneys in three steps; two easy one so-so...1. Use the library browser of FsRegen in search mode to find the name and ID of the chimney library object and the file that is in (this is fairly easy, specialy if they have given it a relevant name).2. Design your own and create a library file with your design and the GUID that you got from the previous step (This is also easy).3. Now the tough one... Use any hex editor to modify the file with the original chimney so it has another GUID. If you realy want to do it, I can help you with that, even modify the file once you tell me the filename and the GUID.I have no idea what FS will do if you leave the original file unmodified (skip the third step). It will select (I assume) one of the two. If you are lucky it will be yours and it will not create any other probs for FS. But it could go as far as crashing the sim... so be cautious...Hope this helps.George

Guest Richard Hill

George;Thanks for the reply, as I have been away from FS for some time, (I hated FS2000!) and I have very little knowledge of the terms you are using, I guess I will have to up with the unrealistic chimney models. Maybe someone will eventualy figure a way make a program or file that will replace the default chimney with the one used in Airport for Windows.Richard;