Sign in to follow this  

jetways

Is there anywhere online where I can find the dimensions of a jetway? I'd just finished my gmax model of Pittsburgh Intl and was about to start my textures when I remembered I didn't have any jetways. I'd like to make jetways in gmax to help with the framerate (i have a sad little computer and it needs all the help it can get).

They of course vary in length, all I've I have done is "guess" the hightwidth by "selecting and uniform scailing" in gmax.(fairly easy if your size of your terminal is on the money) but the terminal has to be done in gmax to. Another way is to put an Boeing|Airbus model into FS to guess your size. Hope this is of some help Dan (P.S. I do the above and it looks great)

thanks.I'll try putting the MD-80 model in my terminal's file and go from there.

10-4 did you use gmax to make the mesh of your terminal? Dan

yes and no.There's another 3D program i'm extremely familiar with that I actually did the work in and then I imported it into gMax. I've had no problems of any kind doing this. Since a jetway is little more than a few rectangles, I shouldn't have any trouble doing this. I had four years of CAD classes in high school, so I'd hope that I know how to do this and high school was only a couple of years ago for me. ;)