Sign in to follow this  
arno

ShadowPos - What is it for?

Dear all,Could someone please show me a working example with this command which I guess works together with SetScaleX?Also a bit more info on how it works would be nice! I am under the impression I need to use this.Thanksjmf

I never used that SCASM command, but when I look at the SCASM docs it says:[tt]ShadowPos( Lat Lon ALt )-This command sets the position for a shadow of anstatic object which is not on the ground like theblimp in thc Chicago scenery.ShadowPos(...)SuperScale(...)ShadowCall(...)[/tt]So I assume you must first set a Lat, Lon and Alt with the ShadowPos command of your object, then set the scale with the SuperScale command and finally you can use a normal ShadowCall to get the shadow.But when I read the docs I think this is only meant for special objects like blimps etc, not for normal objects, then the ShadowCall command will work good enough.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I arno, thanks for you reply!I also saw the documentation but it is not very clear. From what I gathered it would be used as follows (althout it does not work :( )...ShadowCall( :Shadow )Jump( : ):ShadowShadowPos( Lat Long Alt ) < - instead of RefPoint()SetScaleX()....The reason why I am trying this is because I need to cast a shadow of a 3D object that goes under 2D objects such as a runway. For this purpose a PerspectiveCall2 is used to allow the runway to appear on top of this 3D structure. The shadow works fine but only when seen up to a certain altitude. From that point on, the shadow goes on the top of everything, ie, on the 3D object that generated it and the runway that sits on the top of it. I think that from a certain distance FS engine as trouble deciding where to project the shadow so I thought that ShadowPos whould be the answer to this, If somehow it forced the shadow to be projected on a certain plane the problem would be solved.Any more thoughts on this?Thanksjmf

Never had such a problem so I can't tell you if it would work, but from the docs I would turn the commands around:[tt]ShadowPos( Lat Lon Alt )SetScaleX()ShadowCall( :object )Jump( : ).....[/tt]And I am not sure if a RefPoint is still needed after this or not. You would just need to try that I think, if the object still appears without it, you can leave it I think.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog