Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

Skinning Tool

As I was scanning the web late tonight I found a freeware skinning tool called "Chilliskinner". This may be old news to everyone but not me. I just thought I would post it. http://www.chilliweb.co.uk/chilliskinner/index.htmMaybe some imput on what skinning tools everyone are using. I have looked at "Ultimate Unwrap 3d" and it looks pretty good and it is also purchase.

http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce80e1950ba5637.jpgJay....:-waveNWA Line Maintenance KDFW NW KLM WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

I don't use anything like that, myself.B

Me neither, I don't see the need for it. I can do everything I want (for now) with GMax alone.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I'm looking for video tutorials.I've got a couple from Finn at the gmax support forum.Could do with more though!.I downloaded Lithium because he uses it, haven't a clue why one would use it!

I think that the confusion is caused by the way we've designed and used textures over the years. For whatever reason, we've designed the textures largely independant of the model, it appears that game designers may do it the other way...create the mesh and have a uv unwrap create the texture.That seems to be how Finn Newick used lithunwrap...As long as I use my own photos for buildings, I don't see much advantance to using a different approach...the downside of my way is I have to edit each face of the model, but I've been doing it that way for years, so it doesn't bother me.B

Guest christian

As everyone else here, I'm not using unwrappers at all. Mainly because of ignorance though than everything else.Considering the pain and time spent even matching the 4 sides of a building manually (if you have 4 different textures), I seriously consider giving Chilliskinner a spin. It probably couldn't get easier just copy pasting your textures!Cheers, Christian