Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Major Problem with the DF Archer...Help!

Hi All,The Major Problem is:now that I have installed this work of art, no other GA Aircraft will do. Over the past few days I have logged in 5.8 hours just VFRing around Sweden. I thought after that it was time to jump back into my old favorite " the baron ". Now please realize my shock when the aircraft loaded up! I saw the baron panel ( default :-erks ) Oh lord, how spoild we get soooooo fast with Dream Fleet products. Simply put, at this point no other GA aircraft will do...ok there are a few nice GA Aircraft around, but IMHO the DF Archer takes first prize. My god the panel is sooooo nice...real! those of you who enjoy GA Aircraft, please do yourself a favor and consider buying this work of art...oh yeah, it flies as good as it looks and the sound, well turn up the bass on the sub woofer and feel the vibs. This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest UweR

:-lol I like the Baron a lot better, because the simpleness of the panel makes it considerably easier to bear to overlay other gizmos like FSFlightmax, RealityXP stack, FS_meteo gauge, FSNavigator...The Archer panel job doesn

FS_Meteo gauge?...what is that? I am a true FS_Meteo user and I have never heard of it. Please tell me about it....maybe a pic. I do have FlightMax, but really do not like using it because I need to use Default WX...I hate it. I understand FS_Meteo will soon work with FlightMax.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Uwe GET A SECOND MONITOR! It can be done so cheeply now, there's no excuse not to. Just do it and see what you're missing! David

The FSMeteo guage is a payware guage that can be purchased from the FSMeteo website...basically what it does, it tells you the current weather where you are...and if you select it, gives you your destination weather...so you can plan ahead! I really like the guage...but it is not an absolute neccecity...but it is good.Brian A. NeumanWooodbury, MN

Hi David, I do have a second monitor. It is hooked up to the server and the server is right next to my flight simming computer. When I fly I always use it to check the forums as well as all the different site concerning flight sim. So you can say,I am all ready set up... now what do I do and will it kill my framerates?This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Hi Robert,Some thoughts for you.Grab yourself:- An El Cheapo PCI graphics card (doesn't even need to be 3D!)- A monitor switch that allows more than one PC to connect to one monitor- Appropriate cables for monitor switchPut the PCI card in a spare slot on your FS PC. Plug the monitor from your server into the monitor switch (out). Then plug VGA from both the server and your FS PC into the monitor switch (in). You can then switch between the two PC's with one monitor.You then just need to set up Windows on your FS PC to use the second monitor as an extension of your desktop. You do this in Display Settings. If you are unsure, there are plenty of tutorials, as well as the Windows help.Once you have it all set up, in FS you should be able to undock a window and move it over to the second monitor. You can flick the monitor switch if you want to go back to viewing your server on the second monitor. I use my second monitor for radios, FSNav, overhead panels etc.There is no hit on frame rates, as long as the views displayed are basic 2D. An external view display on the second monitor will kill your FPS.I typed this very quickly so I hope it makes sense!Andy (YSCB)

Hi Andy,Thanks for you quick response!. Seems like I can do what you said...thanks soooooo much. All I need to do is think a bit about it. I just might have all I need comcerning cables as well here at home as well...very cool.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png