Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

FsRegen 21a released.

Hi people !After a month's absence I finally found the time to come back on line, and also upload the latest FsRegen.It will now let you save the list of objects you create in library compiler. I think it's decent now, cause you can just add objects to running projects.You can also compile to bgl by clicking a button. Just make sure you put BGLC and ALL the include files (*.inc) that come with FsRegen into your working folder.I had a quick browse and saw a discussion about Middleman. I'm sorry to say that just for library work you do not need it anymore. Out of respect to Chris (anyone offering free stuff deserves it), I will not take it out of the documentation. Plus if you create scenery with gmax it still saves you a hell of a time re-entering all them coordinates for different projects. I still am and will be using it...Get FsRegen from www.nhreas.com/fsregen.htmlI haven't tested it much, I leave it to you ;-)All bugs to me.. :-)C.U. allGeorge

It took me a while to learn gmax, so I'm only now able to appreciate your work fully. I'd just now started to do some complex groupings of gmax library objects and had just now realized the hassle of having to re-build the library every time I added an object.You have answered the question before I asked it.Thanks again...and I agree about Chris' contribution of middleman. It was and is appreciated. I meant no disrespect, just trying to be sure I understood what I was doing.Bob Bernstein

Hi Bob !Nice to hear from you !!I'm glad the new feature was already in demand :-)The comment about Chris's work had absolutely no recipient !! I am terribly sorry if I gave this impression. :-(It just makes me sad when someone's work specially when motivated by enthusiasm and public sharing, goes unused or becomes obsolete.Appart from that you and the other guys participating in the famous "barrel" (or should I say barel !!) project deserve a big thank you, 'cause it was the one too many reasons to create this library compiler...Okeydokey that's it for now...Have funGeorge

Now that I am getting more familiar with this whole GMAX process I think this latest version makes it even better.I did get success in the end with a GMAX object,converted to api with the help of Bob, Arno, and Chris.The strange thing was that the breakthrough was with an object without textures. Now I need to work it out with textures. Any idea why this might be happening?RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Question: How do you open the same library again? i.e. to add new objects.The other thing is, BGLC needs to reside in the main FS scenery folder or the FSREGEN folder?ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Shez,There is an menu on the top, there you can save and open a library (I also had to look twice to find it :)).I think BGLC must be in the folder where you save the asm file, but because I use different folders for each project, I prefer not to copy BGLC that many times and have added it to the path. Now I can easy compile the library from DOS.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Ah there it is the "little beauty"...makes it much easier...:( And the new BGLC adjustment in 0.23 makes it even better.Thanks Arno and Georgio.I am going to pursue a course of making buildings with FSDS and gates with GMAX at first. THen see how it goes with fps increases etc.One more thing I noticed, GMAX does not seem to recognise the DXT1 bmp format? In the UVW Texture Unwrap, I had to go to my original bmp to check position of include area etc. Anyone else encounter this?ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Hi ShezI have the same prob. DXT1 gives me blackness. I have noticed some cases where DXT textures NEED even a single pixel drawn in the alpha channel to work properly; it may be the case.I use tga files in gmax which do not lose any quality while editing and support alpha channel.Then convert with imagetool to DXT3 bmps and save them in the texture folder of my scenery.Do not worry about the diferent filename extention; makmdl converts it automatically (you can use for example a skin called house.tga in matterial editor, convert it to house.bmp with imagetool and put it in the texture folder and all works O.K.). C.U.George

Sounds good. Thanks for the point out.Shez

Shez Ansari