Sign in to follow this  

FsRegen 0.22a on line for your creative pleasure...

Hi friends.A bit more for you :You can now create trully unique GUIDs and increment them from FsRegen. Get a new ID once for the first object of a library and increment it. If you use IDs that are far apart (numerically) you delay FS.Also :Color picker for the mast color added to the Windsock properties dialogue.Compile button added to main screen.By clicking on the version label the default Internet browser is used to check the latest version.(for your convenience: www.nhreas.com/fsregen.html)All the bestGeorge

As a matter of fact, it's version 0.23...You can compile anywhere on your system without having to copy bglc or the include files there... (Arno this is for you :-))George

Guest GerrishGray

Hi GeorgeCongratulations on your latest update to FSRegen - a very useful tool for gMax users. Let's hope we will soon see some interesting section 10 libraries of 3D objects being published. Apart from the libraries in the MS default scenery, the only other 'general use' ones that I am aware of at present are the Nova library, some ships, some cars, and my own trees. Do you know of any others?I am interested in your remark that GUIDs need to be indexed sequentially to get the best performance from section 10 objects. Do you have any reference for this? There seems to be a degree of confusion about the subject, mostly emanating from the way that MS go about it, both in the workings of FS and in the often non-sequential indexing of their own libraries.To my simple mind, it seems totally illogical that the header of a section 10 BGL contains the min and max values of the lower 64 bits of the object GUIDs in the library - why not the upper half? And, in addition, the new GObj() command - to use the SCASM equivalent - now calls a section 10 object by its name rather than its GUID, which seemingly renders the recording of the min/max values of any part of the GUID pretty pointless anyway.If you have any information on the indexing of, and search technique used to locate, section 10 objects beyond the minimal details in the FS2000 Scenery SDK I would be very interested indeed, both from a theoretical 'computer science' point of view and also for practical application in the design of future libraries.Hope you can helpWith thanksGerrish

Hi Gerrish.Thanks for the nice words...You mostly express my questions for which I have no answers...As you say, you have to include part of the min/max GUIDs in the header of the library files. I assume that this is used for some sort of indexing and quick access. This is the reason I proposed to keep the GUIDs as close as possible.If I remember right the scasm command that you mention is used in conjuction with a database built by a helper program that references the GUIDs to their names; it is only done in SCASM for user convenience and the compiled code uses the GUID. As far as I know there is no way to call an object without their GUIDs (this is deep down in compiled BGL code).I think the new fs era, pays more and more attention on the GUID system. Notice the totaly different format of the model structure for aircraft with their variables; it gave me hell while I was working the flexing wings as they identify the variables you want passed to you by their GUIDs (I didn't have the SDK then with the GUID variables list). Of course this is new to fs2k2 and the new mdl format.I know that this forum is monitored by people with inside info. So please, all you fs gurus, let us know a bit more about the subject :-)Nice to hear from you,cheersGeorge

Thanks George :)I tested it and now BGLC must be in the FsRegen folder. Is that correct? (I only have it in the path at the moment and in my SDK folder).ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

That's right Arno.The include files go in place if you do a full setup.Just put the BGLC in the fsregen folder and all should be set.I don't distribute it for smaller size and to avoid any copyright probs.Mind you, I still use the fs2000 bglc. I do not know if it works with the new one from fs2k2 sdk.Of course it makes absolutely no diference, since only the assembler part is used which is the same version in both bglcs.CheersGeorge