Sign in to follow this  
jkanold

Exporting scenery in Gmax Question

Hi thereDoes anyone know if you can give scenery that you export in gmax hardning so you can land on what you create ?Many thanks DesignersKind Regards Greg

I think you must then make another BGL file with SCASM that contains an Area16 command to harden it.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno I will try that although I am sure that I will be back asking more questions! Dan

Hehe :), to prevent some questions, here is an example of a piece of Area16 code. I took it from an oilrig we use in our scenery.[tt]Area16( N56.00 N50.00 E07.00 E01.00 ) RefPoint( 2 :lab_85 0.1 %1 %2 ) RotatedCall( :lab_86 0.0 0.0 %5 ):lab_86 SenseBorder( :lab_85 517 382 ; 1 478 322 ; 2 418 283 ; 3 350 270 ; 4 282 283 ; 5 222 322 ; 6 183 382 ; 7 170 450 ; 8 183 518 ; 9 222 578 ; 10 282 617 ; 11 350 630 ; 12 418 617 ; 13 478 578 ; 14 517 518 ; 15 530 450 ; 16 ) SetElevation( %11+46 ); MSL Elevation:lab_85End16[/tt]ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks for the replyI can see that its an area being worked onThe project I am trying is to harden some mountain I made in 3ds format exported and textured in gmax (texture size 2048x2048) then exported as sceneryAlso has anyone got a pointer on how to make the black area on the texture transparent I'm having difficulty making the texture with alpha map at this size 2048x2048 ;and using the process in gmax I don't do any resampling or resizing Please help me if you've a way of making a transperant black area with a texture this size Ive tried MWrights tools and when they have made a alpha channel useing black as transperent and finaly saved it I open it up in Microsoft Imagetool and it shows only one complete white square for the alpha channel????If you can see my situation and don't mind helping I would value some inputThanksGreg

Hi again...It's a secret, but what on earth..It's in the workings in fsregen. No promises regarding completion time, I have a couple of projects (work) to finish and they keep me quite busy right now...CheersGeorge

You need Martin Wright's Convert.Is your texture a bmp?Create an alpha texture of the original making the water black (0,0,0) and the land part solid white (255,255,255). Load the original bmp, import the alpha and save as DXT1 with alpha (non Nvidia)The program also allows you to view the finished extended bmp.http://members.rogers.com/jkanold/jimlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif