Sign in to follow this  

SDK Update: gmax Tutorial and Cabdir Utility

Yes, I noticed that too.Not a bad tutorial they made, but a bit late. Such information should have been there at the time of the release. Now we have figured almost everything out ourselves.And a CAB_SDK? What do we need that for if they don't give us a scenery or terrain SDK to tell us how to make addons :). I hope M$ doesn't surprise me with more of these new invented tools (they call them SDK now) and give us the scenery and terrain SDK soon.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi, "Not a bad tutorial they made, but a bit late."Did you think it's better to learn by our self than waiting for documents? I think this push alot more our capability than reading step by step, but you need to practice, discover new things, trics thats are not in the documents and be patient.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Dan,Arno,are the makemdl and imagetool within this tutorial new versions or the same as the previous ones.biberwww.LTBA.net

that's good news Dan, I did not explore the issue of exporting animations into fs.does it mean that using gmax we will be able to export some moving vehicles (along a path)?Biberwww.LTBA.net

Guest cwright

Dan, I'll try the new makemdl. The one that came with the last SDK seemed to be screwed up, so I had to go back to the original. The prop animation looked bizarre - at slow speeds the blades seemed to be flapping like the wings of a bird! How it got through testing is beyond me.... Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

Dan, I tried the new makemdl but it didn't fix the problem with the props so it is unusable. When I checked the version number (8.00.020403.01) it is precisely the same one that came with the makemdl SDK and presumably dates from the third of April. So I'm back to using the original version that came on the CD. By the way, would the animation calls problem account for my problem with the props? Best regards, Chris

Chris, You are waiting to improve the coastline data ? I hope they will include the tools or *.bgl files names to edit in the fs2k2 sdk, because in fs2000 sdk was nothing, BUT an utility was made for editing the coastline and almost non edit them as fs2000 3rd party. files are: dpcle11.zip dpexc.zipYou can already improve the coastline, rivers, road "looking" but not the data for now.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Chris one of the reasons why I put quotes around "fixed" was that all they did was to give some pointers to "animating" simple bgl static models (like getting lighting to rotate etc) I as well I am still having some problems with props (they of course work on .mdl type meshes) airplanes but not very well for static models oh wellas they say. Dan http://members.rogers.com/klasik2/danlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Guest cwright

Chris, thanks for that, but I downloaded dpcle11 about a year ago. It's for FS2000 and allows you to edit the coastline polygons. What I'm waiting for is the info to allow me to create FS2002-style coastlines with beaches and waves! My scenery has no default coastlines, so they are currently defined by ugly texture squares. I hope we don't have to wait much longer for the scenery SDK.... Best regards, Chris Wright

Ok I understand now, BTW I am worrie about those clouds in cfs3, they appears they using the old fs98 technique when you are in, they look all blocky when you are near them, look at microwing pretty convincing, and clouds still around the aircraft not far distance, and they are not using the fs2002 terrain, they have the new sky and new cloud in the new engine, worrie about the terrain engine also. let see how rain and snow will appears also.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cwright

Chris, someone who was at E3 did comment that the clouds looked blocky close up. By the old fs98 technique, I hope you don't mean that horrible white-out effect? I was very glad it wasn't in FS2002. But you can see the logic. If the clouds look awful when close up, it would be very tempting to hide it with the white-out effect. It does sound disappointing but I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, at least for now. There are another four or five months to go.... We probably thought the same. When I saw those fantastic CFS3 cloud shots, I immediately thought that the real test will come when you fly close by or into them! Best regards, Chris Wright

Guest Claviateur

Yes me too I wait unpatiently for the terrain SDK to finish my scenery. I hope we will get tools to modify those nice coastlines. I know about the tool for FS2000 but FS2000 coastlines were a different story. You are right that they did not reveal anything about 2000 coastlines but then I think They should tell us how to modify them in FS2002. Isnt that part of the terrain modeling! Hopefully we will know:How to edit/change coastlines with a toolHow to edit/change landcalss with a tool (for those who do not want to pay for FSlandclass)Edit change AFD files for ATC and AI and hopefully with more precise commands for ATC who knowsMesh is already known but I think they will include it anyways...The funny thing is that in the Autogen SDK they mention in the Word doc to refer to the FS2002 terrain SDk and its been more then 1 month and a half after they released the autogen one and we still did not see any terrain SDK. I hope the delay is for our own good and some nice tools will be featured instead of plain Word text...Cheers!Michel