Sign in to follow this  

wher do i start to build my own adventures + lessons ?

Hi ,I am a newcommer on fs design i have read in fs that i can build my own adventures and lessons but i dont know where to start and what to do maybe its not easy to build this i dont know i would be happy if some master can show me the way.Thanks for everyone.

I am not sure if anyone on this forum knows much about advantures, as this is the scenery design forum.I know that for the older versions of FS (Fs98 for example) there was some sort of compiler to make advantures. I haven't used it often and have never looked in Fs2002 to see if something similiar is there, but that might be the direction you want to look for. Maybe there will also be an adventure SDK comming (bot sure if it was there for Fs2000)?ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Adventures consist of a saved flight profile (*.flt), a saved weather profile (*.wx) and an adventure information file (*.brf). The flight and information file can be opened with Notepad or Wordpad (Wordwrap OFF). The weather file can be opened with one of the above but contains formatted data over and above text data.An adventure could be made quite easily by starting fs2002, use the create a flight mode, setup all the parameters for the flight including weather and saving the flight. The only problem might be is if you wanted clear weather and the downloaded weather had a hurricane passing through on the day you decided to download the weather (you could always clear the weather and make adjustments to the weather manually). The information file could be made using the pattern of an existing information file with the data you want to present at the time the adventure is selected. Once you have all the files assembled you could move them to a new or existing subfolder within the fs2002flights folder. Remember, during the setup, they will be stored in the fs2002flightsmyflts folder.Lessons consist of the above three files plus an additional flight controlling file (*.abl). This file can be opened with Notepad or Wordpad (Wordwrap OFF) but one must understand programming language to write and understand the contents. Basically, the procedure for starting the Lesson would be the same as for adventures but you would have to then write the programming code to write the lesson. Once all the files are written and saved, they can be moved to a folder in the fs2002lessons subfolder similiar to moving the adventures to another folder.Whether Microsoft will provide an software development kit for adventures and lessons is unknown at this time. Visit http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.asp periodically to see if an SDK is available.

Thank you The informations you give is realy very useful for a newcommer like me.