Sign in to follow this  
arno

Taxiways Not Showing Up in Airport 2.60 Scenery

Hi All,I have created a test airport (actually an attempted recreation of KRYY out in the middle of the Atlantic) and was very successful in creating the runway. However, using the Create Taxiway feature doesn't seem to result in visible taxiways when the compiled scenery is viewed in FS2002 (although runway shows up just fine). The taxiways show up clearly in Airport 2.60, but not in FS2002. All settings in the Create Taxiway dialogue are default except for the width. Any ideas?Thanks for your time,Doug MiannayWoodstock, GA

Hi Doug,I just took a quick look at the problem in Airport and I can't get an taxiway to display either. But when I edited the SCASM code a bit (I removed some commands that are not needed in my point of view) and after that the taxiways shows just fine. I don't know if you ae familiar with editing SCASM sources? Then I could post my changes here.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Arno,Please post your SCASM code since I'm not at all familiar. Does this expose some type of problem with Airport 2.60?Doug

Yes, it's some sort of problem with Airport. I think it has something to do with the fact that the source needs to be a bit different for each version of FS.Here is the code as Airport made it:[tt]; Taxiway Road 1Area( 5 39:59.9946 -039:59.9993 10 ) LayerCall( :Taglayer 20 ) Jump( : ):Taglayer RefPoint( 7 :TagPoly 1 39:59.9946 -039:59.9993 V1= 10000 V2= 251 ) Monitor3d( :TagPoly -10000 10000 0 2000 -10000 10000 ) LoadBitmap( 0 5 EF 0 128 0 "asphalt.r8" ) Smoothing( 1 ) TaxiwayStart( 15 -121 0 -45 ) ; 1 TaxiwayCont( -46 0 55 ) ; 2 TaxiwayCont( 66 0 55 ) ; 3 TaxiwayCont( 99 0 -65 ) ; 4 StartSurface MoveTo( 0 0 0 ) EndSurface Smoothing(0):TagPoly ReturnEndA[/tt]And this is the code I made from it:[tt]; Taxiway Road 1Area( 5 39:59.9946 -039:59.9993 10 ) RefPoint( 7 :TagPoly 1 39:59.9946 -039:59.9993 V1= 10000 V2= 251 ) LoadBitmap( 0 5 EF 0 128 0 "asphalt.r8" ) TaxiwayStart( 15 -121 0 -45 ) ; 1 TaxiwayCont( -46 0 55 ) ; 2 TaxiwayCont( 66 0 55 ) ; 3 TaxiwayCont( 99 0 -65 ) ; 4:TagPolyEndA[/tt]As you can see I removed some commands. For example the Monitor3d command, as I think that the visibility ranges in the refpoint should be enough to control the display of the object.I also removed the layercall, because from my experience I think that roads work better without them in Fs2000 and Fs2002. They are then drawn on layer 20 (if I remember right) by FS.Finally I removed the StartSurface/EndSurface piece as I really don't know what is the purpose of it. It has no effect at all in my opinion.The last thing I did is make sure all calls and returns are correct.I hope this helps you,ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Thanks, Arno. I'll give it a go and post my results. I really appreciate your willingness to assist!Doug

Arno,I'm having difficulty knowing where to edit the SCASM code. If I open the .sca file and edit the commands as you instructed, how do I "compile" the new edited commands into the .bgl file?Thanks!Doug

Use SCASM for that, you should find it in the folder of Airport.Just type in the DOS prompt: scasm test.sca, where test.sca is the name of your file.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno