Sign in to follow this  

ASPEN??????

Guest Scott Campbell

Steve,If I may suggest, try out NAV, FSBuild or FSNav. They are great planners, and all but FSNav are free. They are great for seeing where the airports are and planning your routes. You can take that info and decided the best route, then turn off the planner and fly by the seat of your pants. But at least you can always "cheat" and look if you think you're getting lost.What I sometimes like to do (and this is even though I have charts), is to find an airport in my Arrow or Saratoga's range, land there, look at the map as if I'm in the lounge, take off, and do the next leg.As for crossing the pond you asked above, you can do it in a Cessna if you know the route. If you want to do it in one jump, just about any airliner will handle it. I use a Horizon, GV, 767, 777, 747, but a 757 or most Airbuses would do as well. It's not that far (relatively speaking).But I suggest a good planner. It's well worth it.

Not to worry re: the learning curve. I too have been flying since the green screen and FS1. LOT's of things I still don't know how to do. The best investment I've made so far to inhance my experience in FS was to purchase a chart package from Simcharts. Got the whole USA for about 50 bucks. And they have the whole world if you want to do it. Good luck with Aspen. I've done it, but it ain't easy.

Your Concord engaged in a flat spin is freaking me out!

Guest Scott Campbell

It's not a Concorde.

Thanks Pam for the appr plate. Mine are all packed up and enroute as I am moving. I printed it out and took the FSD Commander around on the missed approach pattern. WOW! I used real world weather and had a 51kt tail wind flying down the approach. It really pushed me along at a fast clip and took all I had to get her down to land straight in on RW15. I know I am supposed to circle to land but ATC cleared me for the straight in so I flew it. I had a wind shear as the 51kts of tailwind clocked to a 25kt crosswind and finally a 4kt head wind all below 150ft AGL! Pretty impressive approach even though I have flown it about 100 times every time it tasks me heavily. especially with these winds! http://members.shaw.ca/madamo/Avsim_sig_KP.jpgHey! Where is my signature?Ken Peckham

That's two mentions of FS1 and green ground. My FS1 had no color whatsoever.... I believe the C64 version with color was FS2 on the box but actually the third version coded. Anyone remember the address of that FS history sight?? Damn I miss that dogfighting game!!

it was a long time ago....(not in a far off galaxy)sorry just finished Jedi Knight 2...i seem to remember it was just called Flight simulator.next version i remember was FS3..don't recall fs2 at all.then i bought fs4 for the Atari st...that had the dogfighting game,where you flew inside the flat sided moutains,also i seem to remember a crop spraying game in there as well.there is a site where you can download fs4 on the web for free,not sure where though........do a search on google or one of the search engines and it will turn up.prepare for a shock,it has'nt aged very well. best wishes steveuk