Sign in to follow this  
Guest joea

Where in Hong Kong is the Kai Tek?

Guest lawyerpilot

I remember seeing a post awhile back saying that the famous Kai Tek Checkboard approach was retired and a new airport built. Does the old airport still exist in FS2k2. Is my rendition of the story correct? What is the identifier of the airport (is it Kai Tek, or is the approach called Kai Tek?) I never really had much interest in flying fantaasy flights, but I am really intrigued now to fly this approach. Perhaps it is too late. P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest lawyerpilot

Is is the single rwy with yellow x's indicating a closed rwy about 25 miles southeast of the VHHH the Kai Tek? You depart VHHH and fly over the bridge toward downtown. Are there any good scenery add-ons to not only increase the signeage and buildings of Hong Kong,(looks a little sparse from what I have seen in pictures), but also the airport and checkerboard? Furthermore, any place to get a copy of the approach plate?Thanks in advance! >>>>>>P4 1.8 >768 ram >80 gig hardrive >Visiontek Ti4 4600 >CH yoke/pedals >19" inch monitor- >Soundblaster PCI 512 >Win XP >Private Pilot >AOPA >LawyerPilots Bar Association >NTSB Bar Asssociation >PIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu >SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90 >>"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and >thus will ever be." P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Just cruising the forum after a while away, I note your post. Disappointed nobody replied to you at the time, but perhaps a visit to my page will help, as per the banner below.Kai Tak is alive and kicking in flightsim!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

I agree, just visit Dark Moment's website. He has the best collection for HKG and Cathay related FS files. No need to spend time to search around.Sen

Guest lawyerpilot

Thank you very much, I will check it out today!P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest lawyerpilot

>Just cruising the forum after a while away, I note your >post. Disappointed nobody replied to you at the time, but >perhaps a visit to my page will help, as per the banner >below. >>Kai Tak is alive and kicking in flightsim! >>Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont >>http://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Speaking of Kai Tak, I was just wandering whether anyone else has been using Thomas Kwong's scenery in FS2002. I installed it only to find that using it causes my machine to run at around 2 FPS! I even tried lowering visibilty to 3 miles like he recommends. If you take a look at my specs below you'll see why I'm surprised. Anyone else have any experiences like this?Joe WagnerAMD Athlon XP 1900+ 1.60 GHz512 MB DDR RamGeForce 3 Ti20080 Gig HDDFS 2002 Pro

Guest lawyerpilot

Thank you very much found everything I needed!>P4 1.8 >768 ram >80 gig hardrive >Visiontek Ti4 4600 >CH yoke/pedals >19" inch monitor- >Soundblaster PCI 512 >Win XP >Private Pilot >AOPA >LawyerPilots Bar Association >NTSB Bar Asssociation >PIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu >SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90 >>"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and >thus will ever be." P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest lawyerpilot

Even with the rig below, getting about 3 FPS with clouds and the Kwong scenery. Might have to rethink this one. >>P4 1.8 >>768 ram >>80 gig hardrive >>Visiontek Ti4 4600 >>CH yoke/pedals >>19" inch monitor- >>Soundblaster PCI 512 >>Win XP >>Private Pilot >>AOPA >>LawyerPilots Bar Association >>NTSB Bar Asssociation >>PIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu >>SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90 >>>>"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and >>thus will ever be." >>P4 1.8 >768 ram >80 gig hardrive >Visiontek Ti4 4600 >CH yoke/pedals >19" inch monitor- >Soundblaster PCI 512 >Win XP >Private Pilot >AOPA >LawyerPilots Bar Association >NTSB Bar Asssociation >PIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu >SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90 >>"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and >thus will ever be." P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest joea

On the Cx site they did say Thomas Kwong is working on a Fs2002 version, hope it is better re. fps low fps or decreasing visibility is just not acceptable for me.