Sign in to follow this  
arno

Using an API macro

Guest PhilC

I received an API macro for a hangar with my Waco from Golden Eagles. I would like to use this macro to insert my hangar at other airports. I'm not interested in other aspects of scenery design at this moment. Is there a good tutorial with simple instructions so that I can accomplish this? I downloaded Airport 2.6 but their tutorial didn't cover using API's much.

If you only want to place the macro once at each airfield, I think the quickest way is to set the coordinates of the centre point in Airport at the location you want your macro at. Then you can just place the macro at the centre and give it the correct heading and you are there :) (You can insert the macro by right clicking on the spot and then select 3D object, in the menu that then comes you can select the macro, etc).If you want more then one macro on an airport, I think you can best set up the airport with the centre somewhere in the middle and then use a background image to place all the different macros on their spot.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest PhilC

Thanks Arno. That sort of helps. I tried that but it seems that the entire airport wants to be compiled and not just the hangar I added and then everything comes up with missing textures. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong and that's why I feel that I could use a good, understandable tutorial. That is unless you feel that you could post simple steps for me to follow. :)As I said, I'm not a scenery designer and really don't want to be but, who knows, if I get through this step I may take more interest. :)

Guest PhilC

A personal little bump....

If you only have the hangar in APT file, I think it is very strange that you get an missing texture error. As there should be no polygons with textures in your APT file in that case.Are you sure only the macro is there? Then it should work.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsenBTW. I also don't know a place for tutorials.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest PhilC

OK. I'm probably just doing something wrong then.What I did was open the airport where I wanted to put the hangar. I then place the hanger using the API, rotate it, etc. and then compiled the file. It made a bgl named NewItem (or something like that) and placed it in my scenery folder. While compiling I did get a couple of errors about missing textures for my hangar. When I go to the airport, all textures are missing and efverything is just gray. Somehow, I probably should just be placing the hangar in a blank file, at the correct location of course, and compiling. I would think that this would just overlay my hangar at the selected location. Don't know about the missing textures. I would suppose it could be beause there were two airports installed in the scenery, the original without the hangar and the one with the hangar.I appreciate your comments and any insight you may offer.As I said, I know nothing about this type of thing.

Do I understand it correct that you have the complete source of the airport in Airport? Then the missing texture errors can come from other parts then the hangar.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno