Sign in to follow this  

Are there any of these available with VCs....

A proud TrackIR owner here, who is of the opinion that VCs and this device are the only way to fly! :D Are there any MD80s, DC9s, 727s, or Saab340s available that have a halfway decent VC?

i haven't seen any of these type with VC's.if you do a search on the file library for virtual cockpit...there are quite a few GA aircraft .a few helicopters, but no larger ones.there are repaints of the default 737 747 777,and the AI models.but thats about it.i think its quite difficult to do ,or i'm sure someone would have done some.i did buy the PSS airbus,thats got a really good VC. best wishes steveUK

Ah, thanks for the come-back Steve. I guess I'll wait for that 727 that Captains working on. That should be sweet!

Guest Pabra

Observed a new gmax dc9 in progress from flight1. Stated to include vc. By the looks of it could be a treat. At least hope so. Me=Vc junkie too.

A dizzy TrackIR owner here...I may not keep it...takes too much effort to keep my head centered.I used to have I-Glasses (about 8 years ago) that were awesome except at the time, they were only 320x240 in each eye (for $500). Instead of the shutter glasses that eDimensional sells, this VR helmet actually had little screens to look at to make things 3-D. And instead of measuring your head's position relative to the alien-looking thingie that the TrackIR has, it measures its position relative to what you set to center. I imagine it did this by using tilt-measuring optical encoders and an electronic compass in the helmet. So I could stand, and it wouldn't change anything in my view unless I actually tilted my head or turned it. I didn't (and in fact couldn't!) look at my monitor as all you see is those little screens. That's the trick I think to a successful head tracker. With the TrackIR, if you stand up, it measures the dot on your head as being up and tilts your view up. If you lean to the side or your chair slides, it thinks you're looking to the side. Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

OK my bad. That $1000 only includes the screen and sound now. The head tracker is another $1000. Ouch!Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

Hi Thomas,Yeah, I understand what you're saying about trying to keep still. Besides FS2k2, I also play several combat sims and there it's real important to keep still when you're trying to line up the crosshairs. :) I sit in a non-moveable chair and for those times when I really need to know if movement on the screen is from the plane or my head, I've setup one of the buttons on my stick to send a "pause" command to the TrackIR. This locks the view untill I press it again. That really helps. By the way, very nice work on the taxiway signs! I think I'll sign up to help test.And to Pabra,Thanks for the heads up on the DC-9. I'll be looking out for more info.

What a coincidence! I am a e-dimensional 3d glasses user who could never go back to 2d, and so i am graduating up to the 'next level'. Just 2 days ago I ordered the 800x600 i-glasses 3D model headset. I decided to order it directly from the i-glasses sight as they have a 30 day money back policy(other vendors did not). I am a little concerned about the advertised 'big screen theater' effect, and whether this and the inherent tunnel effect will be compatable for flight simming, but will report in after the headset arrives.John M.

In my 1994 experience with i-glasses, it just looks big because the screen is so close to your eyes (even at their small size). You're going to want to order the head tracker from the i-glasses site and not use the TrackIR. The i-glasses one measures relative head movements, not actual head movements. the TrackIR's measuring of actual head movements is because it's all relative to the sensing device on top of the monitor (or wherever you have it). But the i-Glasses tracking device is on your head. It doesn't measure altitude, so standing up doesn't make it think you are merely looking up. Let me know how the new ones are...I might have to dive back in.Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

Thomas, I will have to stick with the e-dimensional tracker because the i-glasses and a complete system I just ordered from Falcon NW have sent me to the poor house.(I am SO poor that when my rich Aunt died recently, her will stated that I owed her $400 !!)Can't wait to try the i-glasses out. By the way, thanks for the great Taxiway signs.John M.

Well the i-glasses 3D arrived today, but as I feared, I will be returning them for a refund. They arrived in 2 days, and were very easy to set up. Screen(s) quality was actually very good, but my main complaint was that the minimum distance from the lenses to the eye was too great, allowing for way too much peripheral vision of the room. Apparently they are constructed this way to prevent vertigo. Problem is I WANT vertigo for simming ! One also has to look kind of 'down' into them instead of straight ahead. The tunnel effect did not produce a big screen but rather a (realative) 22" screen, which is what I already have. Glasses also fit funny. Well it was a nice thought.