Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simpit

KILL A SHADOW &TRANSPERANT DX1 OVER WATER

Guest hefy_jefy

Hi Danny,I have asked the same question in many different places, but so far no response, my problme is that I want to use a DXT with an Alpha channel to write the airport name on the runway. It works perfectly, but only if you turn OFF ground scenery shadows, otherwise I get a shadow cast by the transparent part of the bitmap.I don't like turning ground scenery shadows because everything looks "flat" without them.I am currently struggling with trying to make polygons for each letter!Geoff

To turn of the shadows you will have to edit the source code and remove the commands that generate the shadow. I think we have had a discussion about that here before, but I couldn't find the link that fast.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Simpit

This is how Arno explained it to me - I do this and the ground polygons work just fine!You need to check "Keep files", on the makemdl options screen, and then:==========================================Ground textures:Try to do this. Find this piece of code in your asm file: OBJECT_0_START label wordIFIN1 OBJECT_0_FAIL, image_complex, 2, 32767ADDOBJ OBJECT_0_SCALESHADOW_CALL OBJECT_0_SCALEOBJECT_0_FAIL label BGLCODEAnd replace it with this: OBJECT_0_START label wordIFIN1 OBJECT_0_FAIL, image_complex, 2, 32767ADDCAT OBJECT_0_SCALE, 8OBJECT_0_FAIL label BGLCODEThe parameter 8 is the layer number, I tested it with 8 and that worked fine. This way I can place a polygon at a height of 0 without the mesh scenery flickering through it and it also has a shadow on it.==========================================