Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Taxiway lines problem

Hi,I have made all the taxiways and runways in my update for Dubai Intl. (FS2000) but I can't get the taxiway lines to show. I have the green center-line lights at night but during the day nothing. I tried using textured roads, then textured taxiways with a width of 1m. I've been fiddling with the layers as well but it isn't helping. I'd appreciate any help.Cheers.

Guest JR Morgan

The latest build update of Apt26 (build 149) has started using the new SCASM taxi lines routine. I've tried them and they seem to work great with no visibility problems here.J.R.

really, that's good news....must be easier than placing them by coding. The night lighted lines use a different scale apparently than the daytime. Have you noticed that? Wonder if Apt compensates for that. Bob B

Hi,I've got the latest build of Airport and the latest version of Scasm. Could you tell me step by step how you did your taxiway lines? One other thing, can you get your lines over the runway?Cheers.

Guest Claviateur

It seems straight forward you select the line tool and from the line prpoerties you pick centerline or sideline with additional lights and dashed options.However there is one limitation wish is the automatic Arcs created by the command ARCL in scasm. I do not know if this is possible in Airport yet. Anyone knows if it is generated somehow?CheersMichel

Guest JR Morgan

>>>really, that's good news....must be easier than placing them by coding. The night lighted lines use a different scale apparently than the daytime. Have you noticed that? Wonder if Apt compensates for that.<<

Guest Simpit

>BTW, I notice that some of the MS default taxiway >line "Arcs" are comprised of short straight line segments. >Ahem... Were these segmented Arcs done by the >"Second-String" programmers at Redmond? :-) Are the arcs you referring to constant radius arcs? That's the only kind of arc I think the SCASM code can do. Any other curve, and you have to do it the old fashioned way :)Derek

Guest JR Morgan

Hi Derek.. What I was referring-to is shown in the below screenshot. The taxiway double-edge lines shown appear to be the new SCASM smooth ARCs. The Arcs going from the taxiway center line to the runway center lines (see red arrow) are made up of 10 segments of straight lines; thus the comment. 3d0ec6e369ae0839.jpgJ.R.

my arcs are made of straight segments when I do handcoding using the 0x08 command.B