Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnCol

Seems to me to be a reasonable question?

Steve,I bet you wont find many Companies that will take the time to get right in to this forum with comments to just one user!(Thanks PSS for being smaller than Microsoft :)!)Happy Flying:-rotorPS FS2000 planes usually fly just great in FS2K with little or no mod!

Guest CapnCol

Personally I do not use to virtual cockpit on any of my planes so if there is no vc on the 777 and 747 I do not mind. These two aircraft were the best at that time and although the Airbus and DF's 737 have more features, I still consider them (777/747) to be impressive from inside to outside. I just want them to work in FS2002 and I will be very happy. If the update is free then all the more reason for thanks.Colin

>Sorry for what seems to be such difficult questions. >I will drop it, but I still can't understand why it would be >such a daunting task. :-hmmm >>It's getting harder to feel good about this hobby every day. >:-( >>Steve >CYYZ Its very simple to understand really. PSS mades a 3D model. In 3ds format or maybe even just FSDS format. Its made usable by turning it into an mdl file. wich, at this time there is no software available that allows you to create the original 3d model from the mdl file that I am aware of. Thier original model had no cockpit. Therefore they cannot add one. Thier original model probably had the lights hard coded ionto the model. That cant be changed either. And therfore look extremly ugly in FS2002. Thier models are probably designed to use x number of polygons so that they worked well in FS2000. But by FS2002 standard probably don't look as good. so that basically means rebuilding the mesh to increase the polycount wich is a daunting task. You think the 2D panels are the hard part? get real. modeling in 3D is like sculpting clay. Anyone can take a photograph of a real life cockpit and turn it into a working panel(well not anyone). But not very many people can actually build a 3D model. Even Virtual cockpits are hard, Ever notice that most of the free downloads have really great spot views but have really crappy VC's?reworking an FS2000 model to work exactly as it should in FS2002 is a bit like reworking a windows 3.1 program to work on Windows NT or Windows XP. A lot of changes must be made for compatability.Comapnies often go back and rework thier previouse releases. I.E. WIndows explore 1 thru 6, Norton utilities thru Noton Utilities 2002.So its definatly not unreasonable to expect a rework of a popular aircraft. But FS 2005 will probably be a complete and total rework anyway so that means all of these purchased and frebie products will be useless then anyway. Also, the only models that have VC are gmax models. I don't know what FSDS can export to but if gmax can't read the file then you have to re do it. You can spend hours just modeling landing gear so it looks just right. Imagine the reast of the plane. And then imagine going over it fixing any number of anomilies that can "pop up". If it were as easy as you think it is MS would have put VC in the aircraft they port to FS2k2 from FS2k.PetePete