Sign in to follow this  

My FS2K4 wishlist as sent to Tell_FS@microsoft.com/

Hi everyone,I finaly typed out this wishlist with two fingers and sent it to MS.I'm sure I've missed loads off but it takes me too long to type.Thanks for all the effort that went into FS2K2 I am getting a lot of enjoyment out of it,here are my wishes for FS2K4; 1. ATC to be able to follow SID's and STARS and to allow changes in altitude and allow for emergency landings at the nearest airport following a failure. 2. In the create flight options I would like to see a weight setting even a basic min to max slider. 3. In the graphics settings it would be nice to have 3 tabs that you could assign with all the usual options,setting1...setting2...and Max. Then you could quickly change the quality depending on what type of flying you were doing ie sightseeing or doing bad weather in the helo. 4. Somewhere in the goto option it would be nice to have a map of the world with all the airports, so if you want to fly from say South America you could see all the airports and get an idea of where to fly from and where to. 5. A new helo,perhaps a large passenger one. 6. The ability to share the prossesing between networked PC's so if you networked 4 PC's they each did a different job so that the primary one only had to do the display.Mike TidballGreengrocer and virtual pilotSouth BrentDevonEngland

>>4. Somewhere in the goto option it would be nice to have a >map of the world with all the airports, so if you want to >fly from > say South America you could see all the airports and get >an idea of where to fly from and where to. Download FSNAV and you will have. Zoom out the GPS view and you will se all also.>>6. The ability to share the prossesing between networked >PC's so if you networked 4 PC's they each did a different >job so > that the primary one only had to do the display. Not likely, since most people only use one monitor. No customer base for the headachePete

My 2 big feature requests:1. Do away with 2D panels and move to a totally interactive VC - you wanna program the FMC in an airliner? Click it and the view shifts and zooms so that you're looking down right on top of it. Jane's F/A-18 did this years ago with their VC - time to catch up MS!2. Realistic weather transitions - I want to be able to see a cloud bank from a 100 miles away like you can in a real plane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

well now you all got me goingadd to the above:snow that piles up and then melts turns to water then mudmudrain that puddles, then turns to mud on dirt surfacessnow that blows accross the runway, c'mon ms, xplane has thisrunways with the ability to have potholes in the asphaltwater that freezeswater that is fully volumetric, that will wave/churn with the wind, (can you imagine try to land a float plane when its choppy?!!)snow/ice that can pile up on your aircraft - building up on the front window, etc.better rain effects, c'mon ms fu3 has you beat! how many years ago??the ability to have a deiceing station, or whatever.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

1) piling up snow and puddles.2) AI flights out of uncontrolled airports3) the ability to fly long range non-combatant military flights through the use of what i'll call "GPS waypoints" and mid-air refueling. Yes, that sounds like it belongs in CFS and not FS, but considering the sheer amount space there... Mid-air refueling would be useful for, say, flying a C-17 from Kandahar to Gitmo or piloting Air Force One. GPS waypoints could be used for fly that same C-17 from Ramstein AFB to somewhere over Afgahnistan to simulate a humanitarian fooddrop or flying an E-3 in a circle over New York.That said...4) if there's a default 747 can it come in Air Force One colors please ;)

>well now you all got me going >>add to the above: >>snow that piles up and then melts turns to water then mud >mud >rain that puddles, then turns to mud on dirt surfaces >snow that blows accross the runway, c'mon ms, xplane has >this >runways with the ability to have potholes in the asphalt >water that freezes >water that is fully volumetric, that will wave/churn with >the wind, (can you imagine try to land a float plane when >its choppy?!!) >snow/ice that can pile up on your aircraft - building up on >the front window, etc. >better rain effects, c'mon ms fu3 has you beat! how many >years ago?? >the ability to have a deiceing station, or whatever. >>ciao! >Brian S LMAO LMAO LMAO!Pete

Why not just download one of the Air Force One repaints for the default 747.Pete

The "intelligence" to be able to communicate with pushback trucks and follow-me cars, controllable by a third party. For example, when flying on-line, perhaps someone else over the internet (a controller) can assign a follow-me car to take you to a particular gate. That would be cool!!A proper "real" weather system, so that this can be displayed on weather radars.Sunil Mulay

I have one, but it would be neat if there was a default one instead of some fictional airline.

Guest GabrielR

take a look at mi repaint of the Air force one, given the limitations of MS2k2 textures, this one looks quite realistic.Check out the presidential Seal in the fuselage and also in the inner sedtion of the main door.....

Ther are no included real airline textures because thats a trade mark. That costs millions to liscence. I would not be surprised if there is a trade mark on the livery design for air force 1.Pete

Would it be trademarked? I'd never really thought about government stuff being trademarked, as they seem to be treated almost as public domain. I remember a few games with the Air Force seal and the words 'Not endorsed by the US Air Force.'Your Air Force One is very well done. I had much fun flying it all on a Far East tour.