Sign in to follow this  

I get this error message in GMAX when compiling my file

Here are two pictures of the errors I get...maybe someone knows what the problem is? I have installed the "MakeMDL.exe" and the "FSModelExp.dle" file inte to "gmax/plugin" directory. Thanx,Fredrik

Guest cwright

Fredrik, the 'makemdl was not found' error message is completely misleading in the vast majority of cases. Look in the directory you were exporting to. You should see a log file. Open it in Wordpad and it should tell you what the *real* problem is. Best regards, Chris

And also make sure that you have set the point as decimal character and not the comma (in the windows regional settings). This also can give that problem.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Here is the error log that I get when I try to export! I am just trying to make a simple box just to see that it works in FS2002. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong but from what I understand there is a problem with the 3d-object....any help on this would appreciated! :-)Error log[em]Running modelStart! (D:ProgramgmaxexportMILO)Loading X D:ProgramgmaxexportMILO...Error in exporter: Mismatch between # vertex faces (-59) and # normal faces (1) in part Box01.Error!Error![/em]

Guest cwright

If it's a simple box then there shouldn't be a problem with the object itself. It may be a bug in the exporter/makemdl. Often there are spurious errors. I always use the 'no error' option in makemdl. Try it if you haven't already. The advantage of this is that it will stop the export only if there is a real and fatal error. Best regards, Chris

How do I avoid such occurances...I notice it too with some things but not with others...strange is it not??Regards,moses