Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobA

Multiple object placings

I have exported from Gmax with keep files in middleman 1.1 and made a library from FSregen.I now have 5 files:light04.xlight04.asmlight04.bgllight04_0.asmlight04_test.asm (library file)How do I place this object on 9 different places in FS2k2?I found this in another discussion:-----Area( 5 %1 %2 22 )PerspectiveCall( :L1 )ShadowCall( :L1 )Jump( : ):L1mif( %11 )RefPoint( 2 :E1 %4 %1 %2 E= %11 v1= %10 %13 %14 )melseRefPoint( 7 :E1 %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )mifendRotatedCall( :R1 0 0 %5 )Return:R1CallLibObj( 0 11111979 25052002 00000000 00000006 ):E1ReturnEndA-----But where do I put this, and where do I put the coordinates and rotation?Can anyone please help me?

first, compile your library .asm file. If you put a copy of bglc.exe in the same dir as the above files, you can just drag ur library file over it, and you'll get a bgl file. Then put that in your scenery dir that you want to use. Don't get confused by your current bgl file, that's junk, toss it.The code you've copied is a typical "calling" macro. You can find out what you called the macro in the lib with Georges fsregen tool. Anyway get the object identifyer from your library and replace the numbers in the above file with your own.CallLibObj( 0 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX )Then save the file as filename.apiNow you open up Airport, or FSSC, and add the macro just like you'd add any macro. Now you can rotate it in the macro file.Bob Bernstein

>>The code you've copied is a typical "calling" macro. You >can find out what you called the macro in the lib with >Georges fsregen tool. Anyway get the object identifyer from >your library and replace the numbers in the above file with >your own. >Above file?>CallLibObj( 0 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX ) >>Then save the file as filename.api >>Now you open up Airport, or FSSC, and add the macro just >like you'd add any macro. Now you can rotate it in the >macro file. >I have never worked with macros, so I would appreciate it if you could explain a littlebit more :-)I think I need to make a file called light04.api, with the macro code I copied.Then I import this file into Airport?I will try more tomorrow, its time for bed.

This is a macro, you included it with your original message!Area( 5 %1 %2 22 )PerspectiveCall( :L1 )ShadowCall( :L1 )Jump( : ):L1mif( %11 )RefPoint( 2 :E1 %4 %1 %2 E= %11 v1= %10 %13 %14 )melseRefPoint( 7 :E1 %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )mifendRotatedCall( :R1 0 0 %5 )Return:R1CallLibObj( 0 11111979 25052002 00000000 00000006 ) ;<------------***:E1ReturnEndAAll you have to do is to change the line I marked with ;<--------***Change it to match the id that you gave your gmax file in fsregen.Then save the file as myfile.apiBob B

I found out how to import to Airport, but when I try to compile to BGL I get this error:Error in macro file G:FS2002ADDON SCENERYENOVScenerylight04.api line 19 -> CallLibObj( 0 0AAAAAAAAh,0AAAAAAAAh,0AAAAAAAAh,000000001h ) -> invalid operator .. h,0AAAAAAAAh,0AAAAAA ..Scasm compilation status: error(s) 1I have made a zip of the files i'm working on, and I would appreciate it if someone could have a look and try to find the problem;http://home.online.no/~knnygar/filer/light04.zip

check out your command next to mine! You have left in the commas from fsregen, change them to spaces.Bob B

I have tried, but I get the same error :-(

Ok, KynnygarI downloaded your api and other files. I made a new library file with fsregen out of your asm file. I did this because I had to know that the guid in the library file matched the call in the api file.I chose the guid ABC AAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA 00000002Here is how I changed your api file:Area( 5 %1 %2 22 )PerspectiveCall( :L1 )ShadowCall( :L1 )Jump( : ):L1mif( %11 )RefPoint( 2 :E1 %4 %1 %2 E= %11 v1= %10 %13 %14 )melseRefPoint( 7 :E1 %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )mifendRotatedCall( :R1 0 0 %5 )Return:R1CallLibObj( 0 ABC AAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA 00000002 ):E1ReturnEndAI added the macro to my current project using fssc, and I assume this pic shows what you had intended.I only followed the same advise I gave you, wonder why it works for me and not for you?Bob Bernstein

Yes! :-)I removed the "h" at the end of the numbers and it works!!Thank you very much for your help :-) :-)

Guest RobA

Hi Bob, Just had to say a word here......THANKS......... I've been reading up on gmax and have experience with 3D Landscape and Irrigation design tools plus Nova objects, but gmax seemed to be too much of a pain to place the objects. If I got this right, a tiny calling macro is used to call the gmax code. This macro can be placed with Airport, Architect, FSSC, SCC, GroundMaker, right? If so, then I'm off and running to learn gmax modeling!!!!Best,Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Hey Rob, nice to hear from you! Yep, I totally agree, I avoided gmax for months with my only "legitimate" excuse because I didn't want to determine lat/long locations for each structure. (the other reason is I was so comfortable with fsds, that I didn't want to slow myself down and learn a new tool). George blew apart both excuses....he worked out the details of using gmax code as a library object, and secondly, he demonstrated HUGE efficiency gains using gmax.What's a boy to do? Hadda learn gmax. I'm so glad I did, having a ball. I'm FINALLY to the point that I'm able to work almost as well with gmax as I ever could with fsds.I'm redoing my fs2000 airports, they're the ones I enjoy flying to the most. Glad your still enjoying design. GMAX will appear ornery at first. If you stick with it, you'll get to the point in which you'll really enjoy it. Best,Bob BernsteinPS, here is Bowerman 2002 under construction, the restaurant is still from before, but the maintenance hangar, and the big yellow hangar are gmax library objects called by scasm calling macros.