Sign in to follow this  
Bearracing

FS 2K2 Standard or Professional...what's different ???

Hi EveryoneI have the FS 2K2 Standard edition. Now when visiting some VA sites they insisted that their pilots use FS 2K2 Professional. I mean apart from a few extra planes and the instructor station, has the professional edition any other differences (e.g. better quality rendering of scenery ??) from the standard edition ? (Oh yeah I forgot the price tag ;-) ...but apart from that as well).Essentially ...is flying in the Professional Edition any different from flying in the Standard Edition ?Thanks in advance for your replies :-)Keralapilot

Guest Milio_B

There's no visula diffreence aside from the planes and other goodies but IMHO that's a pretty big difference.... There's no need to buy the Pro if you have the Standard (pretty usless considering in this stage of the game you don't use all the extra planes and you can get better panels), but if you didn't have any, I'd get the Pro...

Thanks guys ...your advice has helped a great deal and has dispelled quite a few doubts I had. I'm having great fun with my standard edition, after downloading a few POSKY 767's they fly great :-). Now got to get me some panels ......regards

>I have the FS 2K2 Standard edition. Now when visiting some >VA sites they insisted that their pilots use FS 2K2 >Professional. What a dumb VA ! Should I laugh or cry :-zhelpMichael J.

Maybe those VAs use the King Air or Caravan and force their pilots to fly it in order to gain "seniority" so they can be allowed to flyan ERJ in 10 years.The Std edition does not have those planes and they don't want trouble with people asking for pirated versions on forums and usenet.IMO requiring the use of any one aircraft in a VA environment reduces the funfactor, and having any aircraft which requires a financial investment without having a suitable alternative that does not are two mortal sins for a VA (e.g. we have the DF 737 and will soon have the PSS Airbus, but we also have a freeware airbus and 737. We have the PSS 747, but also a POSKY one. Etc. etc.).

The Pro version, besides the additional aircraft, also includes a few tools (specifically GMAX) that are quite useful, if you're into rendering your own aircraft that is. I can't imagine why a VA would require the Pro version, unless maybe they are using aircraft that require some of the gauges that are included with aircraft that are only in the Pro version?Bear!