Sign in to follow this  

Some Questions

Hey everybody,First timer in this part of the Forum...Woundered if anyone knew of a tortual to set me into creationing of airpoert scenerys for FS2002. I am really keen on making a Entebbe(HUEN) scenery. Kind RegardsThomas Kibuuka

Hi Thomas the only thing I can tell you is just start by reading themany posts here in this forum and then go and start your airport.The software that we use is as follows: Airport Architect to makeyour ground polly's for things like adding to your ramps and runwaysand for objects we use gmax3DSMax.If you read the many posts onwhat works best as far as 3D objects goes you will see that gmax isfar better that something like FSDS when it comes to keeping your frame rates as high as possable(and for many other reasons as well).You will also need some skill in Photo Shop to make your textures(very important). So in short no there is no real "how to" as far asmodeling airports goes one learns as one goes. If you have any questions just post 'em and someone will try to answer you. Hope this is of some help Danhttp://members.rogers.com/klasik2/danlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Thomas,Not to in any way detract or lessen what Dan suggested you can also find a tool called Airport at:http://www.airportforwindows.comIt is a "full featured package" that will allow you to scratch build and place airports as well as many objects such as towers, buildings, trees, whatever. The newest versions found at this site along with some other tools that they suggest you download can get you up and running. One thing. You must have patience. Like many tools of this type, it can get a bit involved, no quick couple clicks that create instance gratification. But the tool does work very well.Why I mention the above is primarily if you are not a Gmax person, which requires a steep learning curve, but surely is worth the effort for those that want a premier tool to model both aircraft and scenery. The Airport tool is a standalone tool which needs no additional tools or expertise in order to start putting together fully populated airport facilities.cheers :-) George B.

Thanks for the advises gyes. I allready got a lot of pations after my many aircraft paitns. So I will go to the site sugested do some downloads and keep you gyes at the Forum updated on how I am progressing, and expext ALOT of questions underway;-)Thx for the advisesKind RegardsThomas Kibuuka

Your quite welcome. Hope you success in scratch building airports.George B.:-)