Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

Autogen

Guest gorchi

Hi, I am trying to follow the forum but it seems nobody have posted this question. I was wondering to create some villages around my airports using autogen and reading the Autogen SDK I saw that I can use some of allready annotated bitmaps to have autogen files. I am curious about the filename of AGN and STN file. There are a lot of numbers and I would like to know, what do they mean. I would like to make these villages for Slovenia, which is around N45-N46 and E13.30-E15 (I guess). And yet another question. Is there allready a program available to make ordinarily bitmap (DXT1, 3 or Enhanced BMP) ready for drawing the buildings and vegetation on it?Thanks in advance!Goran

Guest GerrishGray

Hi GoranTo do what you actually want, you need to create 'photoreal' terrain mesh for the area surrounding your airports, using a tool such as TerraBuilder (see elsewhere in these forums). There's quite a steep learning curve, and a fair bit of work, involved in that.An easier way of placing some 'generic' Autogen villages around the airports that might meet your requirements for the time being is to edit the 'landclass' scenery for the area using John Cillis's excellent freeware Landclass Assistant (available from the file library here) or the payware FSLandClass program available from the simFlight Network.CheersGerrish

Guest gorchi

Hi Gerrish!Thank You as allways for Your replies; I will indeed try using Landclass Assistant although when I read the readme it sounded a little difficult to me, but anyway I am going to try it (while not practicing for ATC controller on IVAO). But the question still remains: what the heck those numbers in filename of AGN files mean? I am maybe a little bit worried since i have a feeling that if those numbers are not correct, my villages will show on improper places...Thanks again. Best regardsGoran

Guest GerrishGray

Hi GoranThe long numeric filenames for the ground textures and AGN (Autogen annotation) files are just a convention for indicating the geographical position of the terrain they contain. But file names have NO effect on the actual positioning of the scenery - that is determined by data inside the corresponding BGL.You'll find that the filenames actually get generated automatically when you create photoreal mesh terrain, so you don't actually need to worry about them!As regards Landclass Assistant, it is easier to use than you might think, and FSLandClass is even easier because it has a nice Graphic User Interface that provides a proper coloured map of the area you are modifying - have a look at http://fssharecenter.com/fslandclass for further details.RegardsGerrish

Guest rschider

Hi simmers,i am also very interested in the filename convention of thefoto real bitmaps, because i want to reverse the process.I want to create software which collects the foto real bitmapsof the FS and creates big ortho fotos where i know the lon/lat of the bitmaps corners (just for me, not commercial).Does anyone know, or is able to find out, how the lat/lon is enocdedin the filenmame ?Best regards,Rudi

Hi Rudi.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04sd&DLID=55467This download of tcalc2004 includes the Delphi sourcecode. From that, you should be able to see how the photreal names are connected to their geographic location.The name corresponds to it's LOD13 world position. The number is derived from nested levels of upper LOD quadrants, which are number 0-3... NW quad position being 0 and SE quad position being 3: 0|1 --- 2|3003100023031330Su.bmpLOD00 quad = 0LOD0 quad = 0LOD1 quad = 3LOD2 quad = 1LOD3 quad = 0LOD4 quad = 0LOD5 quad = 0LOD6 quad = 2LOD7 quad = 3LOD8 quad = 0LOD9 quad = 3LOD10 quad = 1LOD11 quad = 3LOD12 quad = 3LOD13 quad = 0Dick

Guest rschider

Hi Dick,thanks a lot for your explanation.It took me some hours to understand, but now i got it.Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Rudi