Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

Missing scenery when loading Mooney

Whenever I try to load the Mooney in "Create Flight" I get this error message from FS2K2: "Scenery library object not found".It gives me a few hex numbers belonging to the objects that are apparently missing: 0x47BC6DFB, 0x11D2F98A, 0x1000849C and 0x2AE60C5A.I reloaded the aircraft-folder from CD, but that didn't fix it.Does anyone know where to look on the CD for these missing objectsor is able to translate those hex-numbers to files in which these sceneries are so I can look them up and re-load them?Thanks for the help!R.

Guest GerrishGray

HiThe missing object is the Mooney's prop, a library object which resides in the file scenedbpropssceneryscenery_fs_props.bgl. Try reinstalling that file from your FS2002 CD (you might need to do a full reinstall to find it!).Hope this helpsCheersGerrish

I've found several prop-related files on the CD's, but I'm right now following your suggestion and cleaning the system by re-install.I'm having several other issues, which maybe can be solved this way.Bit radical, but a good clean-up now and then can do wonders :)BTW, you found out it were the prop-objects, but how? Do you see any relation between the hex numbers and the files? If so, where?thx!R.

Guest GerrishGray

Because I use section 10 library objects in my own work, I have got used to which object libraries are located where! There are several ways of examining the contents of the default BGL's - one of the best is to disassemble them into SCASM code with a tool called BGLAnalyze which you can download from the file library under the name bglana21.zipThere is also a tool called libview.exe supplied with SCASM that can provide lists of section 10 library objects - see www.scasm.de - although you also need a compression/decompression tool called bglzip.exe from the FS2000 Scenery SDK to use this on the default BGL's.CheersGerrish