Sign in to follow this  

KONT anyone?

Guest sssummer

Any designers out there thinking of redoing Ontario Internationl in Ontario CA. It has new beautiful passenger terminals and is a big UPS hub. Thanks.

Hmm! Sounds like a job for ShezAJust flew over that yesterday!

Should anyone take this project, I also request some land class work to the east of the airport. The default has nothing but dirt from the airport to San Bernardino, where in reality there are warehouses galore popping up all around the 10/15 interchange, you have the huge CSI steel plant and California Speedway in Fontana, lots of residence above I-10, and industry all the way down the train tracks that run directly below the landing pattern for the 26 runways.But, I'm not picky :-)jkvato1.jpg

"Faster than a speeding bullet....Leaps over tall buildings..." comes to mind ! :-lol I have four (:-eek) projects on the way (2 updates) and time is becoming limited and I am struggling to keep up. Was actually considering KBUR or KCLT or KSTL after these projects....RegardsShezI guess one comment comes here and I am sure will be supported by my fellow developers. If simmers request a particular project they must come forward with some help in taking pics, details of airports, etc. as I do not live in the US and the only way I can do the projects well is with serious help. ;) I am happy that I have had great help in the past from simmers. :D

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Just now I was screening all new topics in the forums. Then I saw the word KONT which made me very curious.... In dutch KONT means 'A S S ';) :-lol :-shyRegards, Ferry

:-xxrotflmao

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

... :-xxrotflmao

Shez Ansari

I have pics of KBUR, lots of them!Here's a pic I took June 14th enroute to CYYZ, no idea how high we were.

Looks interesting but it needs to be clearer than that. ;) The god thing about pics like yours is that it gives a great overview of airports and how everything fits together. This is not necessarily easy when working on so many little 3d objects.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

You can either download Matt Fox's CA scenery, or use Landclass Assistant to perform the update yourself if you just want a local update and/or want to avoid the longer loading times of Matt's landclass update.-John

Also included at the far right is where I live (towards the bottom) :-hahSo I have pictures from every conceivable angle. If you want I can send you a CD.I stopped my work on KBUR when frame rates suffered.Until I am comfortble with gMax I won't be doing much more!

What work had you undertaken on KBUR?For any scenery designer the ideal is an individual willing to take pics and inform him about the little details. Maybe when I am done with the current crop....BTW, if we use a ground polygon photo to make a photorealistic ground and convert that into a ground 3d polygon, how can one place runways and taxiways on top of it in A2.60B149? I tried to place some ground 3d objects as an underlay but the runways and taxiways disaapeared underneath.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

I wasn't going to touch the runways.It started when I want to exclude the Lockheed buildings to the west of the runway.I'd done the parking structure, terminal tower, terminal A and the airport tower, blast fences, Hilton Hotel, Bank of America Building and the new office complex off Hollywood Way & my apartment buildings and the Helicopter Landing pad at the Starlite Theater.Hadn't even begun the Mercury Aviation Builddings to the east of the runway 33.

Hey, a friend of mine and I are working on KCLT....granted, we're doing it the older FSDS/Airport method. It should be interesting to see how it turns out. We'll see once we actually finish it :-)-Corey Leigh

Well I am glad that you told me. One struck of the list.I think there were a couple of very good pics of the terminal area I had once if you need it...Shez

Shez Ansari