Sign in to follow this  

Cant exclude??

Hello guys/gals. I'am trying to exclude some buildings from my home airport CYXU and I'am not having any luck. I can add new objects, but not exclude. What types of objects/items can be excluded. If you look at CYXU there are some buildings north north westish of the main terminal, they are default buildings ( of course ), can they be removed. I've tried Airport, GroundMaker and even editing the Scenery config with no luck. I have everything back to original state, except the skyline I put downtown, and await any help/replies you folks can offer. I have read the many posts here on the subject, as well the .pdf help file in the game ( flatten/excluding ). The area in question will flatten, I've tried that but can get rid of those ugly buildings.This was the exclude statement: [Area.130]Title=LondonLocal=ADDON SCENERYLondonRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=133Exclude=N43 2.8,W81 10.6,N43 2.,W81 9.4,objects,allThanks Muskoka

My very first introduction to all of this! was brought about by my need to remove from KBUR the old Lockheed buildings that are long since gone! Once I knew exactly where the objects were I just drew an exclude square in my scenery program which generated an exclude bgl.I've never ever typed anything in the scenery.cfg file.A good way to determine if you are at the right place is to place a huge cube or something where you think your aiport is. This will verify that you are in the correct hemisphere for one and also if you have the airport defined in the right place of your scenery program.These were early errors I found myself doing when I started.The degrees, minutes versus decimal was another stumbling block that I needed to overcome.Also, unless absolutely necessary, try to avoid flatten areas. I found that with so many different meshes going around it becomes difficult to determine just which one a user may choose to use.

Thanks for the reply Ihor. I've done everything you suggest. I did place a 60 ft high building in the center of the area I wanted to exclude, so I know the lat and long are corect because the building is there. I too would rather use Airport or some such program but the exclude does not seem to be working so I thought I would try and edit the scenery.cfg directly but that didn't work as well. Guess I'll just have to keep plugging away. One thing, its odd that the flatten works, I set the elevation about 3 ft. higher and it shows, using the same co-ordinates, I don't get it.

I was surprised to find that writing direct code in scasm was very easy for excludes. Since then I've had very few problems.Here is an exclude scasm code I wrote using your coordinates. I called it "exclude.txt". Then I compiled it, calling the result "exclude.bgl".I tried attached the bgl but the file types are restricted to txt files. I'll still try to upload it by just calling it txt, but if it is corrupt, then all you must do is save the scasm file to your hard drive, and type the following at the dos prompt:scasm exclude.txt exclude.bgl....see if it works. Remove the line in your scenery.cfg for exclude, and just add this bgl to your scenery directory.Bob B;SCASM CODESet( areamx 64 )Header( 3 44:00:00.0000 42:00:00.0000 -079:30:00.0000 -084:00:00.0000 ) GenExcl( exclude.bgl 143:2:48 43:2:0 -081:9:24 -081:10:3643:2:48 43:2:0 -081:9:24 -081:10:36 )PS...I'm removing the attempt at uploading a bgl, didn't work. The attached file is the scasm, you'll have to compile it yourself. I like to copy scasm.exe to whereever I have the scasm files, if not, you'll have to give a path statement in the dos above to your scasm.exe.B

Thanks Bob but its not working. One quick question and this may seem dumb but should I be seeing a blank area in the game where the area used to be??. I cut and pasted your code into notepad, saved it as londonexclude.txt, copied it to the directory where scasm.exe is, went to my dos prompt ( XP Professional ), typed scasm londonexclude.txt londonexclude.bgl, it compiled fine, got 2 files, londonexclude.bgl and exclude.bgl?, copied them both to f:FS2002ADDON SCENERYLondonScenery. When the game started up it loaded the scenery indicies, went to the airport and dont see anything different. I wont give up but its getting frustrating.p.s. I did remove the line from the scenery.cfg

The bgl gets named from within the scasm. That's why you got two files. Probably no problem but to clean it up, I'd just keep one name, like exclude. For reasons that once in a while it matters, I make it a habit to NEVER exceed the 8.3 naming convention from way back when. Again, I have no idea if it matters in this case.I'd recompile using the name exclude.bgl. That way we can eliminate any confusion.Now, what did you mean by a blank area? That's what an exclude is supposed to produce. If you had stuff in that area before and now you don't, why do you say the exclude is not working?Bob B

Seeing as I've seen no noticible effects from an exclude because I cant do one I dont know what the affected area will look like. The area I'am trying to exclude right now looks the same as it did before I started. All I was asking is "will I see an empty spot on the screen, i.e totally blank, zero - zilch - nothin" if so I dont see one yet. I will try again limiting to 8.3 naming and see what happens.Thanks againMuskoka

You should still see ground textures. No trees, buildings (autogen) Had I been at home I would have gone to the location you mentioned and checked it out.Are you trying to remove some buildings?

Guest Barney1

I did a package for London International Airport with customized buildings; the airfield, runways and taxiways, etc. are all default. However, I excluded all the default buildings; it required 4 separate files and I used Apt 2.6. Not sure which objects you're attempting to remove....a screen shot might help or give us the exact coordinate(s) of the object(s).To d/l the package, search for "London", or better still, use my name: Garvin Barnicoat. You'll also need two other files which were added later: one for the missing tree textures and the other provides a missing concrete texture.

Garvin I got your package and it looks great, the tower looks so real. Showed my buddy next door and he couldn't believe it. It was seeing that that got me started. I'am still trying different things with no luck. I've gotten to the point where I'am trying all sorts of different buildings around the airport but none of them seem to want to go away. Could you send me a exclude.bgl for some area around the London airport and I will install it and see what happens. I would appreciate it.Just to add again, I'am able to flatten the exact same co-ordinates as the exclude and the flatten works, but with the exclude the buildings are still there.Thanks Muskokagstroud@rogers.comHeres a pick of the area I'am trying to exclude, circled in blue.

Oh and the 737 at the bottom he's ok just a little lost...lol.

YAHOO, finally got an exclude to work. Tried different co-ordinates in the Scenery.cfg for my London scenery and the single building is gone. Now that that works I have to find out what was wrong with the scasm code/bgl and why I cant get it to work in Airport. Havent tested yet, will reply back.Muskoka