Sign in to follow this  

Two fsregen questions

I've had a look at previous threads and can't find answeres to these questions so I hope they aren't FAQs.1. Let's say I've created a library of GMAX objects which I've then placed using Airport. If I notie that one of them doesn't look right or needs something adding and go back to GMAX to make that change, is it possible in Fsregen to go and update just that one library object - or do I need to create a new library and bring in every object whether it's been changed or not.2. GMAX objects show up in Fsregen as having a scale of 0.5. Now I've noticed that,I have no problem in selecting the same scale in Airport when I'm bringing in one of these "pseudo" APIs. I'm just curious where the 0.5 scale comes from in the first instance.RegardsDavid

1. yes, in the later versions of fsregen, you can modify a line in the details box. You can also remove an object, and then reintroduce the modified gmax item as a new object. Just know the guid before you start, reenter that as before.2. dunnoB

I think I've got a pretty recent version (0.27a) but I can't see an obvious way of opening an existing library from within "Library Compiler". I had a look in "Library Tool" also but again I couldn't see anything obvious.David

First you need to save your file before exiting fsregen. If you didn't do that, you'll need to start over at least once. So...assuming that's the case, start over and when your ready, save in file/save.From now on...you'll be able to go to file load...and away you go.B

Just to make it a bit more clear, the File menu is on the top of the Library Compiler, it's really easy to miss, it also took me some time to find it :). There you can save and restore the library.And about your second question. GMax always uses scale 0.5, this is no problem as the coordinates of the points don't have to be integers anymore, they can be floats now. So it has no influence on the level of detail you can achieve. Nothing to worry about thus :). But don't ask me why they choose 0.5 :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Bob/ArnoYes the mistake I made was not spotting the File menu at the top of the Library Tool. Having missed this, I'd assumed that it was the bgl I should be trying to somehow open and replace individual objects.Now I know better!As to the scale issue, I'll just accept that it's 0.5. Not that it's any big deal - I was just curious.take careDavid