Sign in to follow this  

Calgary, Canada scenery (CYYC)

Hello,Just wondering if anyone out there is considering tackling the idea of portraying the Calgary International Airport and the city in a more realistic way as opposed to the classic MS oversight ?I've been wanting to do this for about three years now, but procrastination and frustrations have held me back from moving beyond the experimenting and doodling. GMAX is slowly being absorbed into my head and I have begun to take photos of the southern half of the airport.In the end I would have the airport done and an accurate landclass and macro section detailing the entire city. It's a big task considering i still have to learn how to simply apply textures and create more complex objects using GMAX (this a new frustration). Anyone in with me ?Thanks,Jamie

Hi, Jamie!I have posted another message today asking if there is any Calgary, Banff, and Edmonton area scenery, as I visited there whole of last week.I flew into YYC from DFW by AA, and also left there yesterday.I enjoyed every scenery including YYC, and the city of Calgary. I hope your project would make a progress.I myself had a history creating scenery and macros upto the era of FS98, but I have to admit my knowledge is far behind since FS2000, and FSDS. If I have a chance I would help some of your project.Nick

Hello !How nice it is to read your post. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself on your stay up here. I'm sure it got a little bumpy coming to or leaving YYC, as it was quite hot ! Anyways, I'm glad to read of your positive remark regarding my desire to do Calgary in FS2K. I'm yet to earmark a schedule for doing this project, just need more practice using GMAX and the ability to modify mesh or await the new NASA DEM data. It will get done but it will be awhile. More "field trips" and requests for information are needed for sure. Thanks Nick !!!JamieCYYC

Hi, Jamie!Yes, it was hot indeed. When we were staying at Jasper, we could not sleep well, even though we opened the windows all night long, and the lodge provided a huge fan. The fan seemed to be the one, for drying up the wet carpet. It was noisy, but we could not turn it off. :-)We drove all the way making a circle from YYC, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton, and came back to YYC.Other than nice scenery, we could see a lot of nice people there including local people (some of them seemed to be really drunk in Calgary), and tourists.In Calgary, we took a couple of pictures from the hill where we could see many of downtown buildings. I believe you know the place well, and I would like to see those nice night views in FS.Tonight should be the last day for your festival, please enjoy it. :)Greentings,Nick :-waveKDFW