Sign in to follow this  
arno

SCASM programming problem...

Hi there!This is my first post. But it's a "hard to be answered" one... :)So, how can I activate dynamic scenery (section15) with a switch (e.g. COM-freq)??I want to make baggage carts, stairways, etc move to my plane as soon as I switch a certain COM freq and when I'm a defined area (this latter one is no problem, solved)??Any hints and pointers?GreetsJeff

not that hard...check out Ralf Treibels/Andreas mushy peas scasm tutorial. It includes an example of providing a condition based on a global fs variable.www.combatflight.deBob Bernstein

Bob,Yeah thanks, that's the site I've already checked out this week. The switch thingy is not that hard thanks to the tutorial.But my problem is that a section15 bgl is not accessable by global vars...I really have no clue how to activate a dynamic moving object...thanks anyways, maybe you have an idea? :)GreetsJeff

Guest JR Morgan

>>>But my problem is that a section15 bgl is not accessable by global vars...I really have no clue how to activate a dynamic moving object...<<<*** Hello Jeff...You need a "3 Pronged" approach here I think.Prong 1: Create library objects of your baggage trucks, or whatever object(s). Your vehicles need to be in macro format, established at 0 Lat/0 Lon, 0 AGL in the macro's Ref Point. I have used a freeware software from Konstantin Kukushkin named Dyn-Kit to describe how to do this.Prong 2: Create a Section 15 SCASM header and referring to the SCASM"SCADyn.doc" use that directive's syntax to locate (position) a dynamic airplane i.e.: a cessna. From there on, use the ScaDyn opcodes to, at this point, "taxi" the airplane to wherever you want your ground support vehicles to move. You're on your own on the timing scheme you mentioned.Prong 3: In Dyn-Kit, convert the cessna to the saved library object and create the .bgl and DynKit peculiar files necessary to go into your project's scenery directory, per the Dyn-Kit User Guide. The end result is that the cessna will now think it's a ground support vehicle and move around as per the taxiing moves you programmed.The last known reference to the Dyn-Kit website was at: http://www.kukushkin.com/dynkit or something like that.'Hope this gets you started..Regards; J.R.

And to come back to the question of the variables, I think a traditional approach with the variables doesn't work in section15 (I never got it to work anyway).Maybe you can try something like this. You add a check if there is vehicle on the position of the gate. When it is there, so the plane has arrived, you start the dynamic sequence.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog