Sign in to follow this  

Progressive Taxi lines disappearing

Hey all, I'm working on a scenery using Airport 2.60 build 149, and when I load it into flightsim, the progressive taxi lines no longer appear. I was wondering if anyone knows what causes this, or how to fix it? I tried not excluding objects (heh), but they still didn't show up. I don't think it's a layering issue either......Thanks!-Corey Leigh

Guest JR Morgan

Corey; when you say "progressive" taxi lines do you mean the yellow taxiway lines or the pink lines you request from ground control? If the yellows, I think you're at the mercy of layering. I think Apt26 is setting taxiway lines at layer 40. At best, I notice some of the Apt26 generated lines tend to "fade" in & out at places.If the Pink ones, 'never heard of anyone doing those yet :-). Good Luck...

Guest Barney1

Which menu are you using to place the lines?If the "Road/line" menu, try assigning a Texture for the line rather than the Colour from the palette.

Oh, sorry, I meant the pink lines you request from ATC...I have the yellow lines working fine.Thanks again!-Corey

Those pink ones are joined with the taxiways defined in the AFD file. You can set them correct with AFCAD. But you should see the default pink ones over your addon scenery (although they won't match perfect).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Yeah, it's set right in afcad...just doesn't actually show up. Something in the scenery is overlaying the pink lines for whatever reason. That's the problem.-Corey

Strange, I have had no problems with it. Are you using high layer numbers for your polygons maybe?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

My polys are layer 4. It is weird, I never had problems with the lines and my Boston scenery (which I can't check cause I lost the source file, doh!). I don't know if it's necessarily layering, because the lines don't show up over places where I don't have polys either (they shouldn't line up with my taxiways). I'm going to keep on experimenting, unless anyone has other ideas.Thanks!-Corey

Hi Corey,Whenever I've had that problem, it has always been because the airport altitude in AFCAD is messed up (either because I "moved" the original airport, or because it's a new airport I'm adding in AFCAD). Try modifying the third number in the APLocation line in the code generated by AFCAD, that might help :) If my mind serves me, the progressive taxiline elevation is set by that number....Best,/Bj