Sign in to follow this  
Guest jsvw2001

Moving the entire Rio airport !? - Need advice

Hello guys,I thought that I would ask you guys for some advice.Working with panels is my kind of thing and making simple sceneries also.I need to move an entire airport about 5-10 m .I have managed to make Rio de Janeiro ( sbgl ) form Real Airports work in Fs2002.I have replaced the exclude file, made a flatten switch , replaced, changed and added some objects and textures and now it is real impressive , like it was in Fs2002.Only real Airports uses the Fs2000 ILS , VOR etc.So when approaching the airport the ILS for example, it don't lead to the middle, but alsmost to the edge of the runway.I would like either to move the entire airport, by changing the coordinates or changing the coordinates form the beacons.What is the less difficult to do,And how do I do it.( Please explain simple ).Thanks for any suggestion.Happy flying,Gerard SaldenBeta Tester WideviewBeta Tester FsLandclass

Guest jsvw2001

Herve Sors has produced a lot of handy tools over the past years. His latest upload (enk400.zip) allows you to edit ILS, VOR, NDB and Markers. An earlier released Runway Editor(rwyed.zip, released in Sep 2000), allows you to edit runway data.Johan

Adding to what Johan said, the correct file name is en2k400.zip here on Avsim and there is a good thread at http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/6651.htmldescribing changing navaids at Nice. It should be much easier for you to change the navaids than change everything else at Rio.You may need to change all the AFCAD information too unfortunately, if you want AI traffic to do the right thing.Could you post details of the exact changes you had to make to get Rio to work please? I would like to get several of the other Real Airports working in FS2002, but I until your message I understood it was not possible at all. Congratulations on the progress you have made!

Hello guys,Thanks for the reactions.I have heard that with bgl analyze or SCDIS you can change cocordinates manually , then you put the files in the same folder as SCASM and the compile the files to a bgl again.If I am not correct please say so.I have to learn.Can I change the coordinates from the header only and then with recompiling the coordinates from the objects change automatically, or do I have to change the coordinates from each object and not from the header ?For further information :1 I have deleted the existing exclude file , because it excluded not only the airport but also the entire city and the envirement.Then I have made an exlude files by the size of the isle the airport rests on. Now there is autogen again.2 I have made a flatten switch for the same isle. The problem with sunken buildings and aircrafts where solved by that.3 The famouse mountains at the beach fron Rio where covered with a simple mountain textures, which I have replaced by a Fs2002 one from the scenedb. This changes not with the seson but is ten times better.On the picture the mountains are not seen.Also I have the heavy mesh from Ray Taburet for the Rio area. Because I fly with Wideview and up to now Wideview not supports AI in sync I have let out the dyn aircraft.I will leave the AFCAD department to someoone else. Thanks again for the info and keep helping me.Gerard SaldenBeta tester WideviewBeta Terster FsLandclass

I'm not a scenery expert so I can't advise :(It sounds like hard work - good luck :)I didn't realise Wideview couldn't support AI aircraft in sync - that is a big pity, especially when taxiing around airports.

Guest jsvw2001

I suggest you use BGL analyze (I think the latest version is bglana21.zip). At the end of the disassembled file it will give you a sorted list of objects, which will make it easier to locate the correct object by number.Leave the Header file as it is. You will have to locate each object. For each object, change the co-ordinates in the Area(... line as well as in the Refpoint(... Be aware that some objects may contain more than one RefPoint command in the same Area block, which is in most cases not the same co-ordinates.Johan