Sign in to follow this  
shermank

freeware Italy landclass

Thanks William. An interesting site - some of the downloads appear not to be available elsewhere. I notice that today Francisco has also put on that site a package called 'autogenius' which contains modified autogen files. If I'm understanding the description correctly, these create autogen objects like buildings with textures appropriate to the underlying landclass.Looking forward to trying these tonight when I'm done at work!John.4m NW of EGHI.FS2002 on Intel PIII 733 MHz, 256MB with Intel 810e graphics

I have the autogenius installed also. Francesco Mandelli has definitely done a nice job and a lot of work. If he reads this I would like to thank him. Try flying around Naples, very beutiful stuff. Hopefully others will create scenery for France, etc. It is really nice to see the freeware I wish I had time to make it. I have also purchased landclass from fssharecenter so I really appreciate free class when it is available it adds much to the experience.

just one note of warning...this looks like a good site, and it probably is, but as I was exploring it, Gator tried to install itself on my computer...in case you don't know, gator is adware and can be very intrusive...Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

How do you know if you have this Gator file? Does ad-aware find it? I've been on the italian site many times and ad-aware doesn't detect Gator. I've installed the freeware and have no noticed files added either.

Guest Lizardo

Have you updated Ad-Aware? Mine nabs 2-3 gators per day in general surfing.

I'm very surprised to read you found an intrusive program on my web site. I dindn't installed myself and believe is not done by the freecounters.

Francesco, I am still looking into this problem. I am only assuming this popup came on your web ste because that is where I was browsing when it happened. However, it is also possible that I had a second browser open, as I sometimes do, and the pop-up could have originated from that web page. What I do know is that I have an ActiveX problem. I have tried to repair the problem using Norton Utilities, but when I do a scan, the repair hangs up because of a kernal32.dll problem. At this point, I have not been able to spend enough time to try and crack this particular problem. If anyone has some ideas, I welcome the help. Thanks to all, as always...btw, I think my entire problem began when I installed a program called Webwasher. This is supposed to prevent popups. It never did work, and I uninstalled it, using the windows uninstall routine. I found some leftover remnants when I used regedit and pruned them away, too. When all is said and done, my computer performs well, except for an inability to download programs referred from a primary web page to a secondary. For example,I can download most anything I want from avsim's file library. But, if (for example)I try to download freeware from fsgenesis (which flips to the avsim library),or even Microsoft's own download sectiop, I cannot initiate the download. Instead, I get a download icon at the bottom of my IE browser and text suggesting the download is underway. But, it does not actually download...very frustrating. thanks for reading this far.Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

I've found a spyware form addfreestats.com generated by the inlive counter of my web page.I'm very surprised from that, because it is one of the most known counters in the web.I'm very sorry for your problems, as soon as possible i'll cancel the counter from the homepage.Regards.

thanks for doing a little more digging on this one. Meantime, I am still looking into my prob. I'm at work, but getting some ideas from doing a google search for ActiveX+download problems. I've come up with a lot of material. Now, I just have to sift through it. And, of course, I am still hoping someone here can tell me how to solve my problem...and, I just got a sudden thought. I am using IE6.0. If I would use a different browser, Netscape or Opera, might that solve the difficulty I am facing...Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

It gets even better. Combine Francesco Mandelli's work with Pietro Mauri's Mesh for Italy (in the File Library) and you'll almost swear you were there.The best thing about it is that even with all these combined the framerate hit is not as significant as with most US landclass and mesh freeware scenery I have tried.Truly great stuff.-Leon Medado