Sign in to follow this  
toprob

autogen and gmax-fs2002 pro

Hello group. I am attempting some scenery design for the city located nearest my home. I have created some gmax models of highrise buildings in the area. I have successfully exported them to fs2002. However, when I restart fs the default autogen objects are still located in the exact spot I am attempting to place my models. This wouldn't really be a problem except I have autogen objects that are "hanging out" of the side of my models. I have attempted the exclude switch within fs .cfg file but when I attempt to place my gmax model back into fs it does not appear (obviously because the area is excluded.) I am sure there is a simple fix for this issue and any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated. As a side bar, the area I am working on is Birmingham, Alabama, and is not located in the cities scenery database. I am guessing the .bgl files are located in the Scenery/easternhm/usse subdirectory. My main objective in summary is "to exclude default scenery in an entire downtown city center and import gmax models in their place". Thank you all very much for your time.

I've always had problems with GMAX where the autogen will be excluded when I start FS2002 but if I reload the scenery for any reason the autogen comes back. I've actually got around this by making my own ground textures and autogen, but this method may be an overkill for some. Using this method I can neatly tuck the autogen around my GMAX buildings.I've not tried an exclude, but this obviously would be the way to go. I do think that the GMAX exported needs additional functionality.It may be useful to try an exclude in a separate scenery folder, and place it 'below' your city scenery. No idea if it would work.