Sign in to follow this  

Taxilines ---- Road command

Hi allI have just spent 6 hours trying to create Taxiway Centrelines.I tried Arch2002 and Airport 2.6 using the Road command. My problem seems to stem that I can't get less than 1M or 1Ft wide which isn't thin enough for a white line. I tried to reduce the scale in the Refpoint command, which whilst solving my problem with the width, but reduced the length. I tried to increase the co-ordinates to compenstate for the reduction in scale, but can't get the line to display beyond the first set of co-ordinates.I have used a method previously, using a transparent bitmap, bar the white line, this seemed good but to heavy on frame rates.Doug's Taxiline plugin, for Arch2002, only allow's yellow Taxilines, not that I had much sucess with this anyway. The airfield that I am working on has a white Taxiline. I could get more than two sets of Xy co-ordinates in Airport 2.6, although I am not than familiar with Airport as I should.I am trying to use scasm more directly, editing the *.sca files from the Gui programs, but it is extremely hard work. And I am like a dog with a bone!!!!!Surely there are easier ways of skinning a cat!!!! Ha Ha HaI hope somebody can suggest fresh hope, I would be very greatful for any suggestion or cluesKind RegardsDave

Guest Barney1

Check out the latest version of Apt which is 152. A new menu is provided for making taxiway markings, including centre lines. While this menu utilizes the default texture (yellow), I don't imagine it would be too difficult to change the colour within the *.sca file and re-compile a *.bgl outside of the program.This tool also allows for the insertion of "hold" lines and double-edge lines with arcs/curves. Tom and his helpers deserve congratulations on this very handy addition to what is already an excellent program.

hi BarneyI have checked out the 152 build of airport.I think you are reffering to the "Create road/Taxiway" feature, I should have explained that I already have a Taxiway created from a polygon. It is above this that I wish to superimpose a white line.I am impressed with the flexibility of the airport command's, but unfortunately because of the nature of the taxiways, i've had to use polygons, and therefore need to use unorthodox methods to get my white lines. which is where i need the extra help.many thanks for your suggestion'sRegards Dave

Guest JR Morgan

>I have checked out the 152 build of airport. >>I think you are reffering to the "Create road/Taxiway" >feature, I should have explained that I already have a >Taxiway created from a polygon. It is above this that I wish >to superimpose a white line. *** Dave; You can easily install the white lines on your taxiway polygon using the "Create Lines or Lines of Objects" routine of build 152 instead of the "Create road/Taxiway" routine. For white color you must use the "Lines" button which also allows night lighting of the lines. If you use the "Center Line" button (also allows the "Blue" night lighting), the lines will, I think, default to the yellow color, however, there was a post on this site a week or so ago by Bob Bernstein on how to change the yellow default taxilines color to the color of your choice. Note: Using the "Lines" button creates "old style" lines that does not use the "Arc" feature of the newer Taxiway lines routines. So, unless you change the newer SCASM Taxiway Lines to white, you will not be able to draw the smooth Arcs responsive to turns in the taxiway.***J.R.

Hi jrThanks for your suggestion'sI have tried and can't figure out how to add further points in the comand as you suggested. I am interested in this "Taximarkings" command, can't find any reference to this command in Manfred Moldenhauer's doc's for scasm.Thanks for your helpRegards Dave

You can find it in the new28x.doc file.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Barney1

No, I'm referring to the new Lines/Lines of Objects menu(s). Except for your choice of colour, this tool allows for everything you require with respect to curves, arcs, etc.I also use the Polygon menu for creating taxiways....have done it this way since the beginning! I also used to use the Road/Line menu for laying down centre lines with lighting, but this latest addition from Tom makes the whole procedure a lot easier. One other benefit from this new version is that the lines are now narrower.....I could never get them below 1 metre in width before.......without editing in Scasm, that is.

Hi AllThanks for the replies.I have just been reading an earlier post on a very similar subject.Just didn't realise you could use the 'Insert' in Airport 2.6, to create extra points, and somebody explained the Arc offset in detail. Although it seems that I will only be able to use the line command, because I need a white centreline.Many thanks for all the support on the forum.kind regardsDave