Sign in to follow this  
arno

Polygon help please.

For some reason, I am unable to replace my grass/ground textures, and ramp/taxiway textures. I edited them all under the sections/polygon menu. I also selected the area from the map view and edit selected and all my new textures show correctly updated. When I load FS I can see the ramp/taxiway textures under the old, the groung/grass are now showing normal. Help please. Thanks.

http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3b5f5f21c1e1b4.jpgJay....:-waveNWA Line Maintenance KDFW NW KLM WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

If you've edited a texture and its not showing up, you must not have it in the texture directory, or the edit results in 24bit color, and is not converted to dxt format. Is this in reference to Airport design program? You question is confusing to me. If the question refers to a specfic GUI program, I'd suggest you mention that in your question. Bob B

All the textures are of the correct format and are in the designated folders.I use Airport 260 latest build.Question: Polygon area is layed out, a texture was assigned to it previously, I want to change it, when I change it it does not show up unless I assign it a higher layer number than the one previuos. Why can't the new one just be put in the other's place? I can see the edges of the new one under the old, unless I assign it higher layer number than the old, in FS2K2. I have tried this on both of my scenery projects, and same result. The scasm codes shows the correct textures also. I just want to delete the old and replace with a new.Hope this ake better sense. Thanks.

http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3b5f5f21c1e1b4.jpgJay....:-waveNWA Line Maintenance KDFW NW KLM WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

Jay, not using Airport, I have no idea how it's screens are set up. As a recovering ASD addict, I can tell you that finding workarounds for the quirks of the GUI can be harder work than fixing the code yourself! Why not view the source code and find the polygons you refer to. I suspect if you go into the airport interface, you could name the polygons to make finding them in the code easy.You will see your texture name in the code for the polygon. Look to see if the other texture name is also mentioned. If the bad texture you are seeing is not in the code anywhere then it is not being drawn as a result of your new work. I'd suspect then some image of the default is not being excluded or perhaps you have a different scenery you've forgotten about that is also being drawn...something like that.PS...did you just edit a texture and keep the same name, I forget. I'd suggest renaming the texture to avoid confusion over other versions that may exist.Good luck,Bob Bernstein

Can it be that the old project (with the old polygons) is still there in the scenery folder with an other BGL name? This could explain the problem. Wouldn't know another solution at the moment.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog