Sign in to follow this  

Long Island NY landmarks

Hello all,I am in the process of making VFR flight more realistic in NYC by adding typical landmarks used by VFR pilots. What I am asking of you the flight sim community, is to help in this endevour. I am only familiar with a few landmarks near republic airport beacuse I use to take flight lesson there.This is what I have got so far.1.Robert Moses monument2.Captree Bridge3.Fire Island Light House4.Northport StacksAnyone willing to help out with info / photos of other can send this info to jd559@aol.com.I plan to realease these landmarks as I am done with themAlso check out my marathon airport scenery at [a href=http://www.simuscene.com]www.simuscene.com[/a].John

I can't remember if its nearby, but isn't Brookhaven out there somewhere? I recall overflying it, inbound for PVD, and noticing the distinct outline of the particle accellerator on the ground.Looked like a big circular dirt road (from around FL27-30ish).If you are also doing terrain textures, perhaps that would be a good addition.

Don't forget the Montauk Lighthouse too! It suppose to sit on a cliff!Don

Guest jlwoodward

Is the 1964 Worlds Fair globe still there?Nice job on the Marathon scenery.John Woodward

isn't the globe near shea stadium in new york city? i want to work on improving the city. its been neglected for years, but only after my dash 8.regardsmoses