Sign in to follow this  
arno

FsRegen 0.30a - API file creation

Hi all.Nothing major this time just an automatic API file creation for library objects.I have not tested the generated APIs, let me know if they work.Thanks to the guys that have posted the SCASM code for it as I do not know SCASM at all.get it at www.nhreas.com/fsregen.htmlCheersGeorge

Hi George, nice idea with the api generator. It looks great...scasm looks ok too.My bug: When I attempt to open a saved library .ocm file, it is corrupted. I've been using .20.Bob B

Hi George,Looks like a great feature (saves me some debugging on my planned tool :)). Have you also added some sort of symbol (so that the API is displayed in the correct shape in the design program)? If not, I'll contact you about it using the mail, maybe you can add it.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Everything looks good. If there is a way to make API's show up in Airport their own shape and size that would be wonderful. I've read about how to do it manually, but if you can do it automatically, I would be amazed!I am, of course, drunk, so!!!! PS Possibly too many commas in above sentence.

Fantastic initiative Georgio!Thanks!Makes our lives much much easier...Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Thank you all for the kind words... :-)If there is some way to include info in the api file so the size is represented in the design progs, I will be glad to do it.I can get the max size of the lib objects from masm code; it's up to you to let me know how to include this info...All the best 2 all of u.George

Hey George, looks like I'm the only one who ended up with a corrupted ocm file. I re-installed my previous version of fsregen but the ocm file is corrupt independant of what tries to read it. I have no way to know what corrupted the file. Perhaps it was a co-incidence that it first appeared when I installed this new beta version. There were only 7 library entries, so it won't be a disaster to rebuild a new ocm file.Any way to troubleshoot how this file got corrupted and anything I could do to avoid having to start over again? I'm thinking this could be really annoying near the end of a project.I would be happy to send you the corrupted file if it would help. There is one entry remaining in the original form, the other 6 items are gibberish.Bob Bernstein

Hi George,If you take a look at my site, you find a FsRegen api tutorial there (not really needed anymore now you have added this function). At the end of that tutorial I have added an example of the code that is used for the symbol.It would be nice if you would not only be able to display the max size of the object, but also the sizes of the different parts. This can be extracted from the ASM source of course (I have been working on that a bit already), but I don't know which info you have or can get easy in FsRegen.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog