Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cannell

Ground texture bitmaps ?

HowdyI would like to try placing 4 1024x1024 bitmaps as ground textures covering an airport area. I have tried using groundmaker but aligning the polygons and textures over the aerial background image is difficult because the texture is not visible or previewed in the groundmaker program. Is there an easier way ?SteveCYYZ

With some tricks I got it to work nice in GroundMaker (I edited the size of the polygon in the source). For mulitple ones I then copied it.Another option is the use the resample tool from the Fs2000 terrain SDK.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

If you are just covering the airport are, your best bet is to use the resample method and then tweak the images as you see fit. I just got into this and it is great! You can lay your bitmaps right on top of the default scenery and get rid of the default airport grass decal thing and improve everything greatly. Check out the Terrabuilder forum for advice...or ask me. Like I said, I am in the process of doing this myself. I just learned how so i know what is going on...for the most part...and some good programs to use (FS Terrain Calculator).Hope this helps.

This resample method sounds interesting. I read the Creating Terrain.pdf but I'm still a little confused. :-) Did you find it difficult to figure out ? The terrabuilder site must be down at the moment. Is there a tutorial available on this subject yet ?ThanksSteveCYYZ