Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeEppright

Textures

Guest MikeEppright

Help! I am a casual designer using FSDS. I have had basic success attaching textures to objects. I went through the pain of putting spaces in the file name(won't work), proper sizing and so on. I am using PS-Pro v7 of which I admit I am a rank amateur at. New problem. I am elevating my expertise to the level of creating transparent textures. FSDS has a texture menu item dealing with this. I went through procedure and attached to object. No see! The BMP texture is a 256x256x256 file of about 65k size. Any ideas of what is stumping me on this? Thanks for help. I have been distracted from active scenery design for about a year and my mind like steel trap is a bit rusted shut!!!

Hello, I have come up with two possible theories. Are you not seeing it in FSDS or Flight Simulator? If the texture is pure black i.e 255,255,255 then the texture will not show at all or you may have set the transparency so low that you can't see the texture OR Soemtimes in FSDS if you rotated the object TOO much it went out view (i.e. lgihts wouldn't shine on it) making it pitch black so you can't see it, rotate the object a bit mroe to see if it wil bia back into view :) Thanks

Guest MikeEppright

I can see the texture OK in FSDS. When I convert to API and place in FS2K2 texture is not there. I have copied texture to appropriate FS directory and Airport directory.

Hi, Oh right....That happened to me before..I tried putting it in the main FS2002 texture folder and in the actualy scenery's texture folder and it appeared!!! Sorry I couldn't be of any help. Thanks!

Guest MikeEppright

Please forgive me. As I kept checking I found that I had used a filename that used spaces. FS will not recognize a file such as xxx xxxxx.bmp. I seem to be back on track. Just have to gain experience in building the transparent file criteria.Thanks,