Sign in to follow this  

Airbus and other non standard FS2002 aircraft in AI

I've built up a whole load of Airbus and other non Boeing airliners which various excellent people have made available for download.Unfortunately, FS2002 seems to insist on using only the standard Boeings and MD83's in its AI traffic, albeit with non standard textures and airline indentification.Can anyone explain to me in fairly general terms how I can get FS2002 to select Airbus and other non-standard types in AI?Is there a file somewhere to which the aircraft types need to be added?Or is it necessary to have a separate traffic scheduling tool?Or is it that there is something in the aircraft specification which prevents FS2002 flying these aircraft in AI mode?I appreciate this is novice stuff, but I'd be grateful for any advice.Thanks

Search for "TTools" here at AVSIM.This little programm will allow you to use other than the default aircraft as well as custom flight-plans for AI.Regards,Robert

could be expensive if the 777? in the middle tries to pushback looks great tho steveuk

TTools is the program that will do what you want but beware of reducing frame rates too much. As stated in the FAQ of TTools some a/c are a big hit on frame rates. To use an a/c for AI you must have a flightplan which is found in default flightplans.txt. You can add more flight plans. Each AI a/c must be identified in aircraft.txt and if you want to you can have every flightplan assigned to one a/c type. I had hundreds of flights from one specific airport and all flights were asssinged to one plane a GMAX Airbus --- frame rate in the airport area was a blistering 4 FPS. It looks great but flying is undoable. As stated in the FAQ do one a/c at a time to see what the effects. Some third party a/c will not show up at all. Stick with the new GMAX a/c.