Sign in to follow this  

Arno how to add tick18 animation call

what needs to be asigned this variable not sure how toodo it have animation sequence for gate done but not sure how to get this tick18 to work please help?Rusty Harris

Sorry to bug but i figured it out each individual object inGMAX has to have the Tick18 assigned to its object name thisneeds to be explained better to all to avoid having to back track and do work all over HEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!:-lol

G'day allYer I'm having that prob now - I have named the parts I wanted animated Tick18_blahblahblah etc etc but when i export it to fs2002 it wont work - is there anything special I need to do in the exporting process, or am I missing something else out totally??CheersJarrad

When I only had animated part in my project it didn't work. After I added a static one it did, maybe that can help you.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi All,Arno, I also did as you suggest (placing a static object with the animated one), but it doesn't work.I'm not so familiar with the .asm code, but, after having a look at it, I suspect the animation code is not compiled at all.In FS, the damn object is there, but it's rock-solid.......Any hint?Cheers,Lello

All parts that move in object have to have tick18 added to thier name like if it was box01 it needs to be named tick18_box01 etc.then you need to create your key frame animation leave animation onexport file need one static object and all should work fine mye gate animated and hopefully arno can get nav variables inserted and working to control the sequence!Good luck may all your landing equal your takeoffsRusty Harris :-)

Yep, exactly, I already did all that you say (tick18_partname, added a static object, etc.), but it doesn't work.I'll have just a try pressing the 'Animate' button while creating keyframes (I'm not so sure I did that before). I'll post results here.Anyway, I had a look at the .asm source files, and, although I'm not so familiar with them (I'm a 'SCASM's son), seems to me the animation code isn't compiled at all.I'm working on position keyframes, but I guess there's no difference with rotation ones: if rotation works, also position should, right?Thanx,

If the animate button isn,t pressed then it will notcreate the animation key positions the button turns red when onleave on untill you have exported your project you will noif it has compiled right when you look at the .asm file!I had problems but was persistent so I figured it out!Mye gate hade both rotate and position movement it worksother then being able to stop the animation Thats where Ihope Arno will have luck with the control variables!Good LuckRusty Harris

I'm also looking forward to 'unhide' the secret of control variables, although my current project is not scheduled to use them. At the moment, I just would like to get my people mover travelling in FS.Btw: I did as you suggested (I held the 'Animate' button pressed while creating keyframes and while exporting the file), but nothing changed. The animation works ok in gmax, but it's rock-solid in FS. I'm beginning to think could even exist some relation with the OS used (I'm still a Win98SE user).

I use Win98-Send me a copy of your files I'll see if I can get it solved.send to sharris71@cox.net

Thanks Rusty, but it's fixed now.I realized that MS seems to not accept 'path constraints' animations, but just 'handmade' keyframe animations (why?). I set up my keyframes one by one and I created anyway the path I needed.Now it works great :-)