Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barney1

Eliminating "road" over water after new bridge is made

Hey all, I made a bridge for my city, but the default FS has that ugly textured road over the water, so my bridge is on top, and below it on the water level is that gray thing. How do I eliminate it? I can put a water texture over it, but is there an exclude command for default FS decals? Thanks, Leandro

Hi Leandro.Sorry, there is no exclusion that will work properly. I had thought I had found one using TMF-BGLC code, but it does not work as I had hoped. Covering the road is the only way. A small traditional bitmapped polygon may work; or a small TMF decal could be made, using a water texture. A decal road's priority # is 32... you may need that info. P.S. Could you let us know how this turns out? And maybe a before and after screenshot?Dick

"Could you let us know how this turns out? And maybe a before and after screenshot?"Will do and thanks. I'm editing the bridge in GMAX and once I'm happy I'll get onto hiding that damn road.

I use the Airport scenery program, version 1.52 and to solve this problem I just make a polygon with the water texture and attempt to just cover the road only and it works rather well. haven't had any problems doing this to date.Hornit

Guest Barney1

I have done the same. It should be noted however, that this will only approximate the surrounding water, and will do so according to the time of day (ambient light). Having said that though, the rational could be that it is now the bridge's shadow!