Sign in to follow this  

Strange GeForce3TI200 effects

Hi all, especially graphics card gurus like Paul and Max,A few days ago I upgraded to the GeForce3TI200. The one problem I have encountered can only be described as jumping textures. These occur in front of or near to the aircraft during take-off and landing. The runway, or grass, appears to have difficulty in keeping up so I am getting a flashing effect. This did not happen with my old TNT2 card.I have tried various settings with the NVMAX tweaker without success. What do you recommend?Also is there any graphics card setting that could be adjusted to improve frame rates? Landing at a busy airport like Heathrow is a slideshow (4.5 frame rate) even with my supposedly speedy rig.Any advice gratefully accepted,AirdogAthlon AMD 1900XPEpox-8KTA3L+512 SDRAMGeForce3 TI200 128mgDetonator 23.11DX8.1 on Win98

Solution:Turn off T&L in your hardware settings. Return to Fs2002 and then turn off T&L then return to FS2002.Mike Neones

Guest Max Cowgill

Would you mind posting a pic of this so we can see exactly what you're talking about? Max Cowgill

I can't post a picture here now.(at the office) All you have to do is go to options, settings,hardware and turn off Transform and lighting. Then return to FS 2002. Then go back again to options settings, hardware and turn Transform and lighting back on. Then return and go fly!Enjoy!Mike

Guest Max Cowgill

uhhh... wasn't talking to you, Mike. If you'll look at the way the posts are listed in the thread, my post is in response to the original post, not yours. :)Max Cowgill

Guest PaulL01

>Hi all, especially graphics card gurus like Paul and Max, >A few days ago I upgraded to the GeForce3TI200. The one >problem I have encountered can only be described as jumping >textures. These occur in front of or near to the aircraft >during take-off and landing. The runway, or grass, appears >to have difficulty in keeping up so I am getting a flashing >effect. This did not happen with my old TNT2 card. >I have tried various settings with the NVMAX tweaker without >success. What do you recommend? >Also is there any graphics card setting that could be >adjusted to improve frame rates? Landing at a busy airport >like Heathrow is a slideshow (4.5 frame rate) even with my >supposedly speedy rig. >Any advice gratefully accepted, >>Airdog >>Athlon AMD 1900XP >Epox-8KTA3L+ >512 SDRAM >GeForce3 TI200 128mg >Detonator 23.11 >DX8.1 on Win98 If you are talking about different layers of texture appearing disapear or flash on and off momentarily upon landing or taxing and take off in certain AC and at certain airports ye I know of what you speak.The problem you have is a pretty common one with certain combinations of the newer hardware, Its related to the Z-buffer not making up its mind what to display and you will probably notice this with a few of the autogen buildings (the smallest ones) as well as some of the utility building in and around some of the airports.I cant tell you why, if its related to some part of the cards hardware, drivers, FS2k2 code or even Direct3d itself but the answer is in there somewhere. Don

Guest Lobaeux4

You're right, I've got a pretty speedy machine too, and at Heathrow, I'm crawling around 3-4 fps. Of course this is with Gary Summons scenery and a good amount of AI traffic, but my sliders are all set to medium levels. I'll try the T&L to see if that does anything.Joe

Guest mberg

just to make sure I understand, -- open fs 2002 with T&L on, exit fs2002, reopen 2002, uncheck T&L, close 2002, reopen 2002 and check T&L on. When I did that I got rid of the strobing on approach to runway and a reduction of building artifacts but got the old grass through the runway anomoly--however, it was a definite improvement

I don't think you have to exit FS2002 . Just select T&L off , go back into settings and select it back on . This works with my ASUS GeForce 3 Ti200 . I was getting the exact same thing .