Sign in to follow this  

Newbie Needs Help

OK Im new to the FS2002 Scenery developement, though I do have Fly II and have made scenery within that Sim. Could you please let me know what programs I need to build my own Scenery for MS2002.Many thanks Steve BrownMy EGGP pictures for Fly II are below.

Different people use different programs but my preference lies with Gmax and Airport 2.6.If you have FS2k2 pro gmax will come with it. Gmax makes the 3d models but it takes some learning as it is quite complicated (im still learning). You will also need fsregen to convert the gmax file to an api to be used with airport 2.6Airport is the program which you place the scenery with and is available free www.airportforwindows.comAnd also a texture program but I'm sure you have one of those anyway (PSP, Adobe Photoshop etc.)Again these are my preferences, others will differ.:-wave

I prefer to use GroundMaker instead of Airport (www.groundmaker.org) and also use GMax.I would say, just try some of these tools and see which one you like best. All have there pro's and con's :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi, Steve.Like Jamie here, I've been using Airport for the design of my sceneries. For the 3D models, like structures and buildings and others, I'm now using gmax. For textures, I have Paintshop Pro7.However, when you get comfortable with gmax, you can make a whole scenery with it, without Airport even. But gmax is kind of difficult and has a tough learning curve. The sooner you start with it, the better :)All the best.

Guest bfindlay

Hi - I noticed the bush flying logo in your sig. I am moving to Whitehorse in the Yukon this month, and I would love to see the scenery in the area improved. The airport is pretty much all that is there - the city and Yukon river, and dam and lake are missing. Is there a quick and easy way to render the terrain for this area ala Terrascene? I have never done so, and frankly will not be able to any time soon, but if you know of a way, or someone who does this, I would love to see the surrounding details improved near my new home airport!!ADVthanksANCE

>Is there a quick and easy way to render the terrain for this area >ala Terrascene? Hi. Sorry, can't help with terrain. I only make scenery. But you might want to post your query in a new thread as there are in this forum folks knowledgeable about this.If you are interested in bush sceneries, there are some in the Yukon Territory. Some of these are real, others are imaginary like my Wild Yukon Logging Camp. To see a complete list of what there is for the Yukon, you can download Heather's guide from the library and search for Yukon in the document. If you need more pointers, let me know.Cheers.

<Terrascene output can be a targa image, correct? That can be used to create imagry that can be displayed as the ground surface. Much has been written on this in the terrabuilder forum. Microsoft gave us the needed tools in the fs2000 scenery sdk, terrabuilder program provides a gui interface to those tools.In either case, you can project anything you want on the surface, the resolution will be locked at 4.8m/pixel, and the coverage is limited to blocks of the LOD13 grid...again, review the fs2000 sdk for definitions.Bob Bernstein