Sign in to follow this  

BGLC flatten poly points

Hi Rafael.You can get the macros, Christian's txt2asm, and a crude Group calculator here:I also recommend getting George Ioannu's [link:www.nhreas.com/fsregen.html]fsregen as it contains a great TMF calculator ( Christian's Calculator ). fsregen also supports a method to create simple water and decals from Gmax code ( I honestly haven't tried that, as I am Gmax-challenged :-lol ).

Hello Rhumba,Thank you very much, I've got the files as well as fsregen, now is time to play with all this!:-jumpy Rafael>You can get the macros, Christian's txt2asm, and a crude >Group calculator here: >> >>I also recommend getting George Ioannu's >[link:www.nhreas.com/fsregen.html]fsregen as it contains a >great TMF calculator ( Christian's Calculator ). fsregen >also supports a method to create simple water and decals >from Gmax code ( I honestly haven't tried that, as I am >Gmax-challenged :-lol ).

Hi Rafael.Welcome to the club! There's about 6 other people in the world who are experimenting with this. :( As you can see, I'm not happy with that. I do understand the terminology and tools are a little scary. Everyone is spoiled by the good GUI tooling we've been lucky to have for FS98-style scenery.Truthfully, I hope you are successful with it... we need more help understanding the TMFs ( terrain model files ). Once you understand the basics of the code-writing process, it's not that bad. A lot of it is "cut'n'paste" with a text editor.Some of the problems we're having are because we are still discovering code, and the rules for that code. I've already done some things with decals, lines, flattens, and their priorities, that MS never did! I've tried to document what I'm doing in the AVSIM posts, but my mind is usually 2 steps ahead of actually writing and testing the code. *:-* Currently, I'll be writing a new macro for FS2002 shorelines very soon. ( I've cracked enough of it to create some. ) Then I'll need to try to get wave effects working, and define the rules for that. Then, it's back to roads and streams. If we ever get to the point of understanding all the default TMF decals, lines and flattens, then we need to explore custom textures, and develop "terraintextures.cfg" to allow new seasonal textures and effects tied to them.'christian', 'georgio', 'Lee', and 'rhumbaflappy', here at avsim, are regularly posting their discoveries. Christian and Lee have devised simple decompilers for some of the data structures, which they may release publicly someday. I'm so happy Christian Stock has rekindled an interest in this... for months he was alone with little interest from the designer community. Things are better now, however, I'm still amazed at how little the community responds to this. I still read in forums of how people are having trouble getting real FS2002 water using ASD or Airport ( you can't ), or how to use those programs to change a mesh-clinging ground texture ( you can't ), when a few hours' time learning the TMF-BGLC code will allow you to create:water, flattens, mesh-clinging textures ( decals ), roads, shorelines, hills and valleys, create or destroy islands...Well, enough of the rant. Landclass was in it's infancy just a few months ago! So also, TMF-BGLC usage will be 'old-hat' soon enough. And you're going to be a TMF GURU soon!:-eek

Hi Rhumba,>Welcome to the club! There's about 6 other people in the >world who are experimenting with this. :( He he he...being on this bussiness since FS4....the problem is that I have too many things going on at the same time, also my pc crashed a couple of days ago...maybe needs new motherboard...and it is real hard to try run FS2K2 in my old P166...well, as a mater of fact I don't even try to install it, a shame I don't find in my cavern FS4, I believe I would have some fun flying with it and excellent fps.....:-ufo2>Some of the problems we're having are because we are still >discovering code, and the rules for that code. I've already >done some things with decals, lines, flattens, and their >priorities, that MS never did! I've tried to document what Well, I beleive this is part of the fun, imagin if M$ give us tomorrow all the information ......you will loose your job...hein?:-lol>I'm doing in the AVSIM posts, but my mind is usually 2 steps >ahead of actually writing and testing the code. *:-* >>Currently, I'll be writing a new macro for FS2002 shorelines >very soon. ( I've cracked enough of it to create some. ) >Then I'll need to try to get wave effects working, and >define the rules for that. Then, it's back to roads and >streams. This is good news then, but I know,is too much effort and trial and error.>'christian', 'georgio', 'Lee', and 'rhumbaflappy', here at >avsim, are regularly posting their discoveries. Christian >and Lee have devised simple decompilers for some of the data >structures, which they may release publicly someday. I'm so >happy Christian Stock has rekindled an interest in this... >for months he was alone with little interest from the >designer community. Well, yes I know Christian a little bit, he also helped me some time ago in some matters too. >Things are better now, however, I'm still amazed at how >little the community responds to this. I still read in >forums of how people are having trouble getting real FS2002 >water using ASD or Airport ( you can't ), or how to use >those programs to change a mesh-clinging ground texture ( >you can't ), when a few hours' time learning the TMF-BGLC >code will allow you to create: >>water, flattens, mesh-clinging textures ( decals ), roads, >shorelines, hills and valleys, create or destroy islands... It looks really interesting, I hope people will be happy with all these utilities, which seems to me a little hard to handle. I know that this is just a beginning.....>Well, enough of the rant. Landclass was in it's infancy just >a few months ago! So also, TMF-BGLC usage will be 'old-hat' >soon enough. And you're going to be a TMF GURU soon! I know my limits and I know I don't have the talent of others...Have fun and thanks!Rafael