Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

CV580 is it gmax?

I've been really enjoying the several derivativesof Greg Peppers CV580 now in the lib. However, Iwant to turn up the reflectivity of the skinsto make the birds shiny.I thought this was a GMAX airplane? I've donemy usual photoshop alpha channel bit to make theskins reflect, but doesnt seem to work.Is this a Gmax bird, or is there some widget withinthe mdl file that needs to get turned on to makereflectivity?I managed to make the skins transparent...but notreflective. Maybe its a problem on my end?I sometimes get this reflectivity part to work andsometimes not. I forget the steps. Any helpthere would be appreciated as well.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

As far as I know its GMAX Eric. At least that was what the original readme from The author says. Heres a shot of my repaint in progress a few days ago. It's finished and posted to the library here so should see it shortly. A few things have been changed/tweaked since I did this shot the other night, but its a good one of my Birthplace no less:)Hornithttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/Allegheny.jpg

Here's the final version,changed the spinner color, fixed some doors and windows and the letter G had wrong font, plus this aircraft had an all grey radome, this was posted to the file library last night. Did you see the North Central livery? Really nice!Hornithttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/580.jpg

The author has to turn on reflectivity in GMAX for it to work.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I have been trying to contact him for permission to upload a repaint and I haven't gotten an e-mail back yet. Is everyone else getting permission or do I have a bad address? I used the one in the read-me, it should be good!Don5%38%30_6.jpg

> Here's the final version,changed the spinner color, fixed >some doors and windows and the letter G had wrong font, plus >this aircraft had an all grey radome, this was posted to the >file library last night. Did you see the North Central >livery? Really nice! >>Hornit >Very nice job Hornit. the North Central Convair brought back memories of flying in N.C. Convairs from Detroit in the early 70's., Man I feel old.MikeKOCF

To be honest Don I tried a few times but got no reply. The way I read the readme he doesn't say you CAN"T repaint it. I gave credit to the original designer so I figured it was OK. Hornit

I had originally dl'ed the Frontier 580 and loved the fact that it came with a virtual cockpit. Then got the North Central model and it doesn't have a VC. Why is that? Don't they use the same model?

Thanks buddy. It does seem strange he isn't answering! Don

Guest Moghdad

It's a very nice looking airplane. Problem with the flight model, though. It seems to resist trimming properly, always porpoising a little bit. Also, it does a nose dive as soon as you engage autopilot. Anyone else have the same trouble? How hard would it be to tweak the flight model?

I know what you mean.. I have a Bush Flying Unlimted paint job done and I'm not sure where to send the request to release it. When I did the Dynamics for his Grumman Albatross I had to send the E-mails through Felix Rodreguez over at Simvation...Brian

Hornit has a point, but it's boarderline on how I like to do things. I see all these others going up and I don't see them being removed, so I would say he isn't offended by it. If he wanted us to go thru someone and such, he should note that. I think that's silly if we have to go thru others to get to someone who has an e-mail. This guy is quite talented. I really wish he was more in the public eye.Don

Brian,Check your e-mail... Have just sent over the address I used before to email Greg - I think it was the one from the HU16 readme (but I am not sure since I don't have it with me)...Hope that helps..

Is there a way to have ATC recongize me was a CV-580, I could not see it in the ATC aircraft model list in the Microsoft FS Editor?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10