Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boone

POSKY B767-Crash on Approach. WHY?

Guest 727Fan

And in general, I've read posts where someone has watched an aircraft crash, but I've never seen that happen until yesterday.Approx 6 miles out at KTPA, Air Canada B767 descended into the ground and vanished.So why do they do that? Any ideas from more experienced sim flyers?Is there something we can do? Or is this a problem with an air file etc.?Thanks, Rick

Guest Boone

Hey Rick,Here's a quick response, check the fuel load isn't too high. If you're doing touch and go's make sure she has less than %50 fuel. Otherwise she'll crash on landing anyway. Check your speed and attitude and flaps setting, generally try to keep her at 140 - 150 kts on final, full flaps. The Posky website offers a great manual on how to fly this gorgeous model. It's a must have and guarunteed to help.Boone

How do you adjust the fuel load ?Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest firehawk44

Goto FS2K2 menu, click on Aircraft, and select Fuel...

isn't he talking about AI aircraft??

my only guess would be your altimiter setting...The difference between the actual ground altitude and the aircraft varies....Pressing the letter "B" to reset altimiter may prevent the sinking in the ground, but probably not the crashing...Maybe its pilot experience

Guest 727Fan

10-4 on the AI Traffic. I use the Open Sky B767 and A330 as AI Traffic. I'm spoiled with the VC, so as beautiful as these wonderful models by Open Sky are, they populate my AI traffic only.But I trusted the computer to do a more precise job of landing the thing. DOH!!!!Maybe it is fuel load. I had the Air Canada B767 arriving from Montreal. Maybe it was too heavy!Rick;(8 ;(8

Guest Boone

Hi Rick,I had no idea you were talking about AI! Well now that you are.....Some people swap the cfg. file with the default 777's and hope for the best. I haven't done it myself as I am patiently waiting for the soon to be released and terribly exciting PROJECT AI!!! http://project-ai.deep-ice.com/Cheers,Boone