Sign in to follow this  

Fsregen Help!!!!

HiI have installed regen. I then open it, go to the library compiler, get the new object details, add it to the library object files, create output file, and then compile to bgl. This brings up the dos window with the meessage 'Bad command or file name. Press any key to continue'.The API will compile but when it is put into airport 2.6 and Fs2002 is started I get a message telling me that the building will not be visible.Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong, or know of somewhere that I can get help.All help will be gratefully recieved.Many Thanks in advanceJohn

sounds like you may have no problems! why? first, everyone gets that compile error...and we just ignore it, and compile the library file outside of fsregen. For all that fsregen does for us, I don't complain about a deal like this...just learn the workaround.As far as the second....(like the old song, second verse, same as the first)its because you didn't finish compiling your library file into its own bgl (of course I didn't cuz I got this darned error message.....LOL)All you have to do is do what you did up to the error message, and know for sure where you put your libary mylib.asm file. Then put it in the same dir as bglc.exe, and compile your asm into a bgl by dragging it over the bglc.exe file in explorer, or go to dos window and type BGLC mylibfile.asm mylibfile.bgl Then put your bgl into ur sceenry dir.EnjoyBob Bernstein

Bob,I pointed this out earlier but the FSregen api does not have a V2= parameter which causes some anomalies in viewing in spot view. Obvious solution for you experts: open the api and add V2=4589 (or whatever) after the 2 V1= entries.Just a heads up.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

HiThankyou both for your quick reply.I have now got the library to compile and produce the API, but I am still getting the error message in FS2002'Scenery Library Object not foundThis may cause some scenery, such as buildings, not to displayID 0xAAAAAAAA 0xAAAAAAAA 0xAAAAAAAA 0x00000001'I have opened the API in Note pad but can find no reference to V=***all I get is as follows:; --- Created by FsRegen v0.31bmif (0)Area( 5 %1 %2 1 )RotatedCall( :symbol 0 0 %5 )Jump( :endsymbl ):symbolRefPoint( 7 : 0.5 %1 %2 )Points( 0-61 0 -81-61 0 8060 0 8060 0 -810 0 0)Poly( a 0 1 2 3 )Poly( a 0 4 3 )Return:endsymblEndAmifendArea( 5 %1 %2 22 )perspectivecall( :OBJ )shadowcall( :OBJ )jump( : ):OBJmif( %11 )refpoint( 2 :END %4 %1 %2 E= %11 v1= %10 %13 %14 )melserefpoint( 7 :END %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )mifendrotatedcall( :ROT 0 0 %5 )return:ROTcallLibobj( 0 AAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA 1 ):ENDreturnEndAI am sure it is something I am doing wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out what.ThanksJohn (very confused )

1) First thing to do in the library compiler is to compile the API.2) Next compile the library source file (name this file XXXXlib.asm (XXXX being your own preference)). This way you can identify it later. Make sure the small window at the bottom of the library compiler is pointing to your scenery directory (makes it easy). 3) Now make sure BGLC.exe is placed in the same directory as your scenery files are in (this is just to help although it can be placed anywhere). Look for the file that was named in (2) above XXXXlib.asm and drag and drop it into the BGLC.exe icon. A DOS compile window should open and close to signify successful completion of the process. Now you should have a new file in your scenery folder called XXXXlib.bgl. Look for it and confirm it.4) Go to Airport 2.60 and locate the API file and place the 3d object as required on the field. Compile.Run FS and you should not have an issue now. The key is that the XXXXlib.bgl file is in the scenery directory of your project.ShezP.S. Ignore the V2 comment, that was meant for Bob.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Shez,If the API example above is made by FsRegen, it does has the v2 command, only in disguise. The %13 is replace by v2= and the %14 by the value if your enter it in the scenery designer while placing the macro.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi GuysBingo!!It now works OK. Many, many, many thanks to you guys for all your help.Very much appreciated.RegardsJohn

Yep I see that but in A2.60 u cannot change the parameter from within the API can you? Don't see it :-hmmm . If you look at the parameters on the right of the API dialog box the V2 says "not used".RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Then Airport doesn't support that anymore. In that case it is better to hard code it into the api. Just replace the %13 %14 by v2= value.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Yep thanks Arno.BTW if someone can come up with a BAT file which will take the asm file and create a library bgl it would be superb.;)Shez

Shez Ansari

Just type bglc lib.asm into a bat file. This only works if BGLC is on our path, otherwise you need to add the complete path to BGLC. It's not that hard :).You could also add a copy command to move the BGL to the correct scenery folder right away (I have such bad files for most of my projects).Arno

Arno

just use any text editor, open a new file, save it as shez.bat, and type whatever commands you need. B