Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

MY FS ARCHITECT 2002 TAXIWAY MARKING PLUGIN DOESN'T WOR

Hey, Whenever I make a taxiway marking using FS Architect 2002's plugin it never compiles. I get the following error:c:progra~1archit~1sbpa.sca:345 Undefined function : 'taximarkings'Number of errors = 1Finished.What can I do? The files are correctly in the architectplugins folder. Thanks all.

Does Architect use Scasm? Must...and if so, you must be using a version of scasm that predates the taximarking command...as far as I know that was undefined until ver 2.88.Bob B

It actually uses FreeSC, and there is a small update required, not the .exe file, but another file that is available at the same page the plugin is. I installed it correctly (I think ;-)). Thanks anyway Bob.

Guest JR Morgan

>>>It actually uses FreeSC, and there is a small update required, not the .exe file, but another file that is available at the same page the plugin is. I installed it correctly (I think ;-)).<<<*** Hi.. I don't know if it will work in Architect or not but there's a little trick we used to apply in Airport For Windows when FreeSC was first released to make Apt use FreeSC instead of SCASM. It might just work in AT2002 also to "fool" it into using SCASM 2.88 instead of FreeSC. We simply renamed the SCASM.exe file to FreeSC.exe.In this case you would want to do the opposite, that is, in your AT2002 directory or wherever the compiler is located, place a copy of SCASM.exe therein and rename it to FreeSC.exe, making sure the exact same character sequence is used in the renaming to FreeSC.If it works, I think you'll get good performance from SCASM. The latest version is SCASM 2.88 available at: www.scasm.de You should probably save your existing AT2002 setup to a safe area on your HD before trying this. Better-yet, probably the AT2002 author could tell you whether or not this would work. If they're using a checksum monitor on the compiler it would not work...Good LuckJ.R.

Guest Claviateur

Its mentioned in the plugin download page that you must update FreeSc with the version linked thereCheersMichel

1: I tried changing to Scasm and it worked.2: I did update the file available in the plugins homepage, but nothing happened.Anyway, it's working now. All I still can't figure is how to remove the aircraft from bumping. Airport has this in the polygons and stuff where you could select "Asphalt/Concrete". How can this be done with Architect2002? Thanks, Leandro

Guest RobA

Hi JR, In Architect ToolsOptions you can point to any compiler you want, without renaming anything. :-) For awhile, FreeSC wasn't compiling my hangars with moving doors, so I did my flatten, exclude, afd entries using FreeSC, then switched to scasm for the rest of the project. Worked a peach.Best, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest JR Morgan

Rob.. That's a good options feature to have. I think I heard Arno say that FreeSC is no longer being maintained? If so, 'cant say that I blame them with BGLC bursting forth.We sure could use that "Super GUI" that would allow branching to any of the recent techniques (TMF w/photoreal, LC assistant, Annotate, create lib object api's, bounce in and out of GMAX, Compiler choices (SCASM, BGLC, etc), and what did I leave out? :-)Regards;J.R.

Guest JR Morgan

Leandro... Although the "Asphalt/Concrete" option in Apt26 works well, it does kill some autogen when used as-is. The best method I've found to not lose any of your autogen (in Apt26/154) is to select the texture of choice BUT only use values of 0 (zero) in the definitions of X and Y for smoothing. This leaves a bumpy, dusty surface on your polygon which you don't want, which is easily fixed by using a short macro to create a smoothed surface area.Here's such a macro that works well to save autogen:;%1=Latitude;%2=Longitude;%4=Scale;%6=X Axis Width of Smoothed Area;%7=Y Axis Width of Smoothed Area;%9=Type of Surface; 0=Smooth Surface, 1=Rough Surface, 2=Water Surface;NOTE: VARYING THE VALUE FOR SCALE CAN CHANGE SMOOTHING AREA SIZE ACCORDINGLY;COPYRIGHT SCASM; Macro by J.R. Morgan Jr.Area( b %1 %2 30 ); DO NOT USE AREA 5 RefPoint( 7 :TagPoly %4 %1 %2 V1= 40000 V2= 1000 ) SurfaceType( %9 %6 %7 %11 ) :TagPolyEndAIt's written to be friendly to Apt26 by using the "Create 3D Object/User API" technique. In Apt, the location where you "right-click" on the scenery map establishes %1 and %2. You must fill-in the values for %6 (east-west distance in meters), %7 (north-south distance in meters) and %9 (smooth, rough or water) surface area type.I've never used Architect, therefore I don't know if that software has a similar macro calling facility allowing you to choose the parameter values. Rob can probably tell us if that's possible?Good Luck -- 'sounds like you're almost there...J.R.

Thanks my friend. This should work with Architect 2002 too. It can call api marcros. I'll let you all know if it works... Leandro

Guest RobA

JR, You only left out FreeSC!! he he Arno may correct me but I think he was referring to Manfred's SCASM that isn't being updated on a regular basis. Work on FreeSC continues, as I can place fs2k2 taxi lines with it, as well as create terrain mesh .Best, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Hi,> You only left out FreeSC!! he he Arno may correct me >but I think he was referring to Manfred's SCASM that isn't >being updated on a regular basis. Work on FreeSC >continues, as I can place fs2k2 taxi lines with it, as well >as create terrain mesh . I am not sure, but what it seems to me is that FreeSc is made in such a way that you can create your own scripts and the program will work so no need to touch to the 'core' of the program for that. I guess that what Architect's author did was to make un update or a new script and integrate that script into the Architect engine.Rafael

Guest RobA

Hi Rafael, Not sure about scripts, not familiar with them yet, but the taxiway lines and mesh abilities are provided as "plug-ins". So maybe this is how the "core" is not touched?Best, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest Claviateur

The thing that makes me frustrated in all 2002 taxiline types and tracing is that the point do not touch at 100% like they do in the default FS2002 Airports. I think the issue is that 3rd party programs write the code with many Refpoints while MS use 1 refpoint to draw the whole taxiline system by using the invisible line or break tool. I tried that in Architect 2002 but I got weird results. I think tehre shoul dbe a solution to make diffrent taxi lines edges touch each others perfectly either with an automated Snap like option or an automated code somehowCheersMichel